Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boiling it down: you get one wish!

I could stop if I wanted to Phil Read's Avatar

Default Re: Boiling it down: you get one wish!

Site Tools
    Ok - and Revit for OSX.

-Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Read
    Site Tools
    So does you vote carry more weight than ours?

All AUGI, all the time janunson's Avatar

Wow.. I'm one of the 10 wish culprits... and for this.. i may have a different wish depending on the day, but my big one -

SPLINE-BASED TOPOGRAPHY INSTEAD OF POINT-BASED. I want to draw the dang topo lines. they're never right. Ya, 9.0 previews better and works much faster when editing topo, but to get what i want i usually end up nearly making a line of points to force the topo line to appear where i want. then i have to put random halfway points in to force lines back into position... very cumbersome, and NON-INTUITIVE.

Heheh - that's not even one of my 10 top 3 wishes for Wes' other list. Guess what i was struggling w/ this week. - wait.. i just read Jeffrey McGrew's eliminate shared parameters thing.. i like that too.. aww.. 1 is just too hard to choose - I want it ALL!

See....it seems that site tools are the hot item. But for people like me, working in the Houston area (or most of Texas), it's so darn flat here that site tools wouldn't come in handy! We get excited when we see a 1 foot elevation change over a 12 acre site.......

All AUGI, all the time J. Grouchy's Avatar

I'm only putting this one in because it's been a serious problem for me on my current project:

The ability to sketch wall joins.

Sometimes wall joins just do not act the way they should, even seemingly simple intersections behave in very odd ways...and quite often will change themselves without any warning and for no apparent reason. I'd like to highlight a wall join, hit an 'edit' function, sketch the proper join, hit the 'finish' button and have the sketched intersection project up the full height of the wall. We could lock the sketch so moving a window wouldn't somehow mess up the join (as I'm having happen in my current project).
    Last edited by J. Grouchy; 2006-06-28 at 07:31 PM.

All AUGI, all the time cadkiller's Avatar

I wonder if Autodesk has any plans to come out with a Revit Civil?

When I asked that specific question they said no. Civil is going a completely different direction... which is good news because it means that we'll get the tools in Revit Building one day and won't need to buy a separate program...

Revit Arch. Wishlist Mgr. Wes Macaulay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cadkiller
    I wonder if Autodesk has any plans to come out with a Revit Civil?
    I seriously doubt it: Revit's display system is not suited to large coordinate systems. Plus, Autodesk is blazing a trail with Civil 3D (a nasty and buggy beast compared to Revit!) and it's very unlikely that they will ever be moving off the AutoCAD platform.

I vote for better Site Tools.

My vote is to incorporate Design Options as a parameter into families.

I know that you can create your own parametric design options (with a lower-case d and o -- perhaps as a Yes/No parameter) but as I really like the Design Options interface...why not incorporate it into families? Then when you're editing your family, you can set the view visibility to a particular design option in the same way you would in a Revit model space. This would allow you to quickly establish all sorts of Design Options parameters like open vs. closed doors, seated vs. standing people...and they wouldn't have to be separate family files or less intuitive parametric formulae.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast