See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I get fields working with SSM?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How do I get fields working with SSM?

Quote Originally Posted by gjburkett
    Hey guys,

Sorry, had to bring an old topic up. I'm setting up some standards and his method seems to be the best solution (if I can get it to work) because I really like sheetsets. Anyway, everything's working perfect except when I Wblock it out. Once I do that and insert it (as a block) into my new sheet where I build all my layouts and create my template, the field values no longer work correctly. Is anyone able to explain what "exactly" I'm supposed to do here? Otherwise, everything works fine when I don't use my titleblocks as a block, but I would prefer them to be a block. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or, if you've found a better method, I'd love to hear that as well. Thanks.
    So you have your layout template drawing that contain all the layouts that you will need in a sheet set, correct? Now when you start a project using the SSM and your prompted to select a layout for a new sheet, you will go to this file and select the layout out you want. The fields should then show correctly the info from the SSM.

Login to Give a bone

I have my template all setup, and everything works as intended. Check

Now assuming all goes as planned. I have created a new project via the template. Now in the middle of the project, my boss decides to add a second engineer's stamp to the border. Normally, I would simply modify the X-ref'd border, but that isnt the case with sheet sets. I have to change each border individually. Fail

So am I missing an important point? Correcting the border on 20 different sheets is one thing I was trying to avoid!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by keelay711
    I have my template all setup, and everything works as intended. Check

Now assuming all goes as planned. I have created a new project via the template. Now in the middle of the project, my boss decides to add a second engineer's stamp to the border. Normally, I would simply modify the X-ref'd border, but that isnt the case with sheet sets. I have to change each border individually. Fail

So am I missing an important point? Correcting the border on 20 different sheets is one thing I was trying to avoid!
    You can still add an XREF of your border to your template.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Glenndp View Post
    So you have your layout template drawing that contain all the layouts that you will need in a sheet set, correct? Now when you start a project using the SSM and your prompted to select a layout for a new sheet, you will go to this file and select the layout out you want. The fields should then show correctly the info from the SSM.
    sorry if it's late a bit, am i right when i start a new project with SSM it's enough to add new sheets(based on my template) with titleblocks i need and draw smth there.(one year ago i' ve been using SSM after all drawings were almost ready).
    i've tested SSM with sheetset templates and it was great!so useful!another question is about a template file-could i make changes in it and its titleblocks and get it updated automatically?
    so i wouldn't need to change each sheet i SSM.or only XREF can resolve such a problem as Opie said?

P.S. excuse my english it's not my native language
    regards)
    Last edited by vapross; 2008-08-31 at 06:00 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Set your field (Scale) by object. (First Column)
    (Second Column) Select the viewport as your Object Type.
    Select Custom scale for you property.
    (Third Column) Select the format you want.
    Would suggest you lock you viewports so that this doesn't accidently shift can get some real odd scales if you don't and someone edit through the viewport.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12