Thread: Trying to Stretch a hatch in a Dynamic Block with the Stretch parameter

Login to Give a bone

Question Trying to Stretch a hatch in a Dynamic Block with the Stretch parameter

I'm trying to stretch a hatch in a Dynamic Block with the Stretch parameter, I just moves the whole hatch, even though its associative?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Trying to Stretch a hatch in a Dynamic Block with the Stretch parameter

Quote Originally Posted by hnewman
    I'm trying to stretch a hatch in a Dynamic Block with the Stretch parameter, I just moves the whole hatch, even though its associative?
    Make sure your hatch was created using 'select objects' for the boundary, and have the hatch itself removed from the stretch action.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Trying to Stretch a hatch in a Dynamic Block with the Stretch parameter

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.N
    Make sure your hatch was created using 'select objects' for the boundary, and have the hatch itself removed from the stretch action.
    Hey Chris - If the hatch is created using the "Select Objects" option (and as long as the hatch is associative) then the hatch can be included in the stretch. That's the way I do it and it works well for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by max.sabre
    Hey Chris - If the hatch is created using the "Select Objects" option (and as long as the hatch is associative) then the hatch can be included in the stretch. That's the way I do it and it works well for me.
    hmmm, i've always gotten 'unnassociative' behavior and 'move' on my end. all other actions i include the hatch pattern tho... (flip, rotate, scale...)
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.N
    hmmm, i've always gotten 'unnassociative' behavior and 'move' on my end. all other actions i include the hatch pattern tho... (flip, rotate, scale...)
    here's a small sample of what works for me ........

it's a rectangle with a hatch associated with it. It's suppsed to simulate an MDF panel. You enter the sizes and voila - or stretch it. Better used for a section cut or soemthing like that .....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Login to Give a bone

One other thing that I have had a problem with is once I go to stretch my DB, the hatch decides to change it's origin from being centered, to the bottom left. I even checked my HPORIGINMODE and HPASSOC, they are both set correctly.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Catkid03 View Post
    One other thing that I have had a problem with is once I go to stretch my DB, the hatch decides to change it's origin from being centered, to the bottom left. I even checked my HPORIGINMODE and HPASSOC, they are both set correctly.
    i guess i've never noticed it on my end. what CAD version you running? verticals?
    S&D DB Sharing Forum