Thread: how to globally change all instances of the visibility state of a dynamic block

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default how to globally change all instances of the visibility state of a dynamic block

I was recently asked to modify our standard room tag and add an additional line for misc information. Currently our room tage has two lines of text for the room name, a 3rd line below those two for the room number which has an adjustable rectangle around it. This new line of text will be a forth line below the room number for things like room square footage or room size (10'x15'). However the users only want to see this new misc line text / attribute during the SD & DD phases. Once we move to CD's that information is no longer needed and just takes up precious space on the drawings. I can easily create a visibility state in the block to turn off that information. But as far as I know the user would have to change the visibility state of every instance of that block in CAD file individually. Is there any way through dynamic blocks you can change the visibility state for all instances of a block at once?

I guess I could just put that additional line of information on it's own layer. But I really hate embedding layers into annotation blocks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: how to globally change all instances of the visibility state of a dynamic block

Quote Originally Posted by tim.101799
    I was recently asked to modify our standard room tag and add an additional line for misc information. Currently our room tage has two lines of text for the room name, a 3rd line below those two for the room number which has an adjustable rectangle around it. This new line of text will be a forth line below the room number for things like room square footage or room size (10'x15'). However the users only want to see this new misc line text / attribute during the SD & DD phases. Once we move to CD's that information is no longer needed and just takes up precious space on the drawings. I can easily create a visibility state in the block to turn off that information. But as far as I know the user would have to change the visibility state of every instance of that block in CAD file individually. Is there any way through dynamic blocks you can change the visibility state for all instances of a block at once?

I guess I could just put that additional line of information on it's own layer. But I really hate embedding layers into annotation blocks.
    use 'qselect', then modify the vis state thru the properties palette. no extra layers requried.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: how to globally change all instances of the visibility state of a dynamic block

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.N
    use 'qselect', then modify the vis state thru the properties palette. no extra layers requried.
    or you can simply select them using a crossing box (right to left). Then use the Prop windows as Chris suggested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by max.sabre
    or you can simply select them using a crossing box (right to left). Then use the Prop windows as Chris suggested.
    true, if you isolate the tag's layer first.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum