Thread: interior elevation thick border cut line, and other lineweight issues

Login to Give a bone

Question interior elevation thick border cut line, and other lineweight issues

is there a quick way to make the border line around an interior elevation to be thick?

it does show as thick but the automatic boundaries from an interior elevation is dead center of the line which is what you would expect but at the same time it hides half of the intended thicknes of the cut line.

any suggestions? aside from tediously moving all boundaries to show the line thickness or retracing it with thick box line on the sheet? and why does it always include the floor slab thickness?

there are many instances like this in my project that i'm not too happy with line widths. i know i can modify line styles and model line weights but i was wondering how many of you guys actually are tweaking the defaults or accepting the lineweights as it is.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: interior elevation thick border cut line, and other lineweight issues

I'm with you on this one. However, there are lots of posts on this but they all seem to have the same responses. I for one Would defenitely like to see a seperate tool implemented to better control management of interior elevations more on personal-preference customization aspect.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: interior elevation thick border cut line, and other lineweight issues

I'm with you on this one, too.

I don't understand why the Crop Region should halve the Line Weight.
    I'm going to file a Wish List ticket.
    Or do you think it should be considered a bug?

All AUGI, all the time DanielleAnderson's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Not sure if I'd consider it a bug - unless you mean bug like annoying. Interior elevations are an interesting thing in Revit - it's really great that you get them "for free" if you have built all the interior components in 3d already, but they are amazingly time-consuming to get them the way one would be accustomed to seeing them had they been drawn in Autocad.
    An idea though...if the lineweight is halved by the viewport, why not use the linework tool and beef up those lines to double so that they don't appear halved anymore? Tedious, but might be a work-around?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleAnderson
    if the lineweight is halved by the viewport, why not use the linework tool and beef up those lines to double so that they don't appear halved anymore? Tedious, but might be a work-around?
    That's why I think it's a bug.
    These ARE heavy weight lines. The Viewport crops not only the Objects, but the Line Weight as well. Take a look at the attached image. Its an extreme closeup of the wall/Ceiling intersection.
    The second image shows how it looks when you pull the Viewport up a little bit.

So the required procedure is that you have to create an Interior Elevation, then zoom in real close, and pull the Viewport out to the edge of the plotted Line Weight. If you use the default Viewport cropping, all of your edges end up in a thinner pen than you expect.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

that's exactly what's happening dave. another problem is if i end up modifying my rooms, i'll have to redo this procedure regardless which method i use (view-crop-adjust or sheet-think boundary).