Thread: Here is something new

Login to Give a bone

Default Here is something new

Here is another building that i am working on to build for my business. Take a look and please give suggestions. If anyone know of any different materials please let me know. I forgot how to create a material. i am going to look in the help tomorrow.

This time I am working 1:1 and i will be working back down to 1:16 scale.

Thank you,

Brad
    Attached Files Attached Files

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Here is something new

Quote Originally Posted by BCrouse
    Here is another building that i am working on to build for my business. Take a look and please give suggestions. If anyone know of any different materials please let me know. I forgot how to create a material. i am going to look in the help tomorrow.

This time I am working 1:1 and i will be working back down to 1:16 scale.

Thank you,

Brad
    Looks good. I see this time you have used structural members instead of walls, have you had any problems or advantages in doing so?

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

If I understand your purpose of building scale models of buildings, I do not understand the issue of scaling the virtual model to 1/16 size.

It seems to me that there are serveral other, more practical ways of achieving your goals.

The most obvious is to creat the model full size, print out plans and elevations at the proper scale, and use them as templates.

Another is to create dimensioned drawings and then use a scale to measure the pieces.

Then, if you don't have a physical scale, or cannot find one, create a measured drawing, but change the scale factor for dimensioning in model size.

Just a few thougghts.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.Sanderson(UK)
    Looks good. I see this time you have used structural members instead of walls, have you had any problems or advantages in doing so?
    Thank you! I have not had any porblems with either. One great advantage to using wall that I have found was that when you have an adjustable wall style. It allows you to create peices on the fly.

Stay tuned for more!

thank you,

Brad

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cgraham
    If I understand your purpose of building scale models of buildings, I do not understand the issue of scaling the virtual model to 1/16 size.

It seems to me that there are serveral other, more practical ways of achieving your goals.

The most obvious is to creat the model full size, print out plans and elevations at the proper scale, and use them as templates.

Another is to create dimensioned drawings and then use a scale to measure the pieces.

Then, if you don't have a physical scale, or cannot find one, create a measured drawing, but change the scale factor for dimensioning in model size.

Just a few thougghts.
    I know that I could do all of those things. but i have chosen to draw them to actual size of the model of 1:16.

Thank you,

Brad

Login to Give a bone

Here is an updated verison!
    Attached Files Attached Files