Thread: Lost CHPROP dialog box

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Lost CHPROP dialog box

I am collaborating with another office on a project and they are using AutoCAD 2007 saving back to 2004. I use 2004, 2005 & 2006 in my office and we are getting all sorts of ARX errors, lockups, etc. especially when we insert blocks into drawings. The biggest problem is that we are losing CHPROP dialog boxes completely. CHPROP still works if you type it on the command line, but that just has limited features. How can we get the dialog box back?

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Lost CHPROP dialog box

Quote Originally Posted by shireyeng
    I am collaborating with another office on a project and they are using AutoCAD 2007 saving back to 2004. I use 2004, 2005 & 2006 in my office and we are getting all sorts of ARX errors, lockups, etc. especially when we insert blocks into drawings. The biggest problem is that we are losing CHPROP dialog boxes completely. CHPROP still works if you type it on the command line, but that just has limited features. How can we get the dialog box back?
    Hi there and welcome to the forums! I'm going to move this from the New Users forum to here, as I believe it will be served better here. Thanks!
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Red face Re: Lost CHPROP dialog box

The first three things to check when you're not getting a dialog box when you should be are:

3 settings:

FILEDIA = 1 -Controls the visibility of File I/O based dialog boxes.
    CMDDIA = 1 -Controls the visibility of Command based dialog boxes.
    ATTDIA = 1 -Controls the visivility of Attribute based dialog boxes.

but, since you're getting many arx errors, I'd try reinstalling the express tools.

Also, if you're copying and pasting the blocks you're having problems with, you may want to have them check out the hotfix for 2007. They'd have to install it, then resave the files and send them back to you, if i'm understanding the procedures correctly.

hth. cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by shireyeng
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Lost CHPROP dialog box

CMDDIA controls nothing in AutoCAD any longer AFAIK - only certain dialogs in AutoCAD Map. (Please let me know what dialogs if I'm mistaken)
    • ARX errors can be caused by many more things than just express tools also.
    • What are these exact errors?
    • Have you tried letting your other office send you 2007 drawings and then you use DWG TrueConvert to save them down to 2004 format?
    • Is your other office using plain vanilla AutoCAD, or a vertical?
    • Are they using any 3rd party apps that create custom objects?
    • Do you open these drawings with RECOVER?

Above and beyond all this, CHPROP *is* a command line command. What dialog are you talking about? Maybe you run a custom command that overrides the core CHPROP command and *it* is being disabled. In this case, contact the author of that routine.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain
    CMDDIA controls nothing in AutoCAD any longer AFAIK - only certain dialogs in AutoCAD Map. (Please let me know what dialogs if I'm mistaken)

<SNIP>
    Hi

Ok! I will let you know...

TIP: CmdDia in Acad07 via WorldCAD Access

Plus, from a very reliable source ( Hyperpics.com )...

Quote Originally Posted by CMDDIA

Description:

Command dialog box interface style and controls if the In-Place Text Editor is used for the QLEADER command.

0 - Command line
    1 - Dialog box or In-Place Text Editor is used for the QLEADER command
    Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Thanks. Your search ability is second to none. I was only going off my poor memory

So here is the (in)complete list of core AutoCAD commands that are still affected by CMDDIA as of 2007.

• DIMEDIT (suboption New)
    • QLEADER

Regardless, CHPROP is not affected and the OP can cross this off of the list of items to consider.

Thanks again.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |