Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blocks insert larger in one drawing file than another

Login to Give a bone

Default Blocks insert larger in one drawing file than another

Hi,Please help. I'm going crazy. I have read several posts here talking about the insunits/insunitsdefsource/insunitsdeftarget/ etc. being all set to 0 variable. Well, I have a block that I'm trying to insert into 2 different dwgs. In one, it comes in at the right scale, no need to adjust. The other dwg, no such luck. The block comes in much larger (actually twice the size). Both drawings have the same dimscale, same settings as far as insunits, insunitsdefsource, etc. which are all set to 0. so, if both drawings have the same settings, what is causing this scale problem in one? I have tried all of these settings as far as I'm reading on your website. There must be yet another problem or variable not set right? This happens just some of the time, particulary when I'm placing the block (my title block is what it is) into a drawing received by a client or some other person. Please help, going crazy over here! Thanks so much for any help.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Blocks insert larger in one drawing file than another

Quote Originally Posted by msanders.85217
    Hi,Please help. I'm going crazy. I have read several posts here talking about the insunits/insunitsdefsource/insunitsdeftarget/ etc. being all set to 0 variable. Well, I have a block that I'm trying to insert into 2 different dwgs. In one, it comes in at the right scale, no need to adjust. The other dwg, no such luck. The block comes in much larger (actually twice the size). Both drawings have the same dimscale, same settings as far as insunits, insunitsdefsource, etc. which are all set to 0. so, if both drawings have the same settings, what is causing this scale problem in one? I have tried all of these settings as far as I'm reading on your website. There must be yet another problem or variable not set right? This happens just some of the time, particulary when I'm placing the block (my title block is what it is) into a drawing received by a client or some other person. Please help, going crazy over here! Thanks so much for any help.
    The block may already be defined in that particular drawing. Check to see if that is so, and purge it out.

Login to Give a bone

Are you just saying to purge it out just like you purge out layers? by using the -purge command?

Login to Give a bone

I tried the purge command. Purged out the existing block that I was trying to insert. started over again. still brings it in too large. The only solution I have found so far to this problem, is to insert the block at a x,y,z scale of .0833 instead of leaving it at the usual 1.0 scale. This brings the block in at the right scale, but this still does not answer WHY this drawing would have this problem in the first place, if it is no different than the other drawings that I do not have a problem with inserting the same block at the 1 scale.

Login to Give a bone

Since 0.08333 is the inverse of 12, I'd look for a feet/inches difference somewhere.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Blocks insert larger in one drawing file than another

Hi

Have you gone through all the information found in THIS post ?

Have a good one, Mike

I could stop if I wanted to charliep's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I'm having exactly the same problem with one drawing only. When I try to bring in a layout from another drawing either by Design Centre or copy & paste it scales it upwards by a factor of 25.4. However, when I use insert block theres no problem.

I've checked all the settings of both the source drawing and taget drawing and they are set to millimeters. I've tried setting them to unitless but get the same result.

I'm sure the target drawing was originally created in ADT (it has AEC content)

Login to Give a bone

yes Mike, I have looked thru all of those posts. The same thing is said about the system variables. insunits, insunitsdefsource, insunitsdeftarget are all set to 0 in both drawings, and dimscales are all set the same. Drawings seem to both be unitless. Not sure what esle I could do. Is there somewhere esle to check the settings? I even did the Purge of last block too, like suggested in the above responses. I'm totallly dumbfounded!!! I guess I will have to just do the scale of .0833 and try not to figure it out.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by msanders.85217
    yes Mike, I have looked thru all of those posts. The same thing is said about the system variables. insunits, insunitsdefsource, insunitsdeftarget are all set to 0 in both drawings, and dimscales are all set the same. Drawings seem to both be unitless. Not sure what esle I could do. Is there somewhere esle to check the settings? I even did the Purge of last block too, like suggested in the above responses. I'm totallly dumbfounded!!! I guess I will have to just do the scale of .0833 and try not to figure it out.
    Can you attach the affected drawings?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

I could stop if I wanted to Doodlemusmaximus's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

trying to get my head round this, is it just one drawing that is the problem or are there a couple of them that this occurs on. Think I'll wait for the drawing to be posted to try to sort it out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast