Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to have the View names of interior elevation tags read the room names?

Login to Give a bone

Default Is there a way to have the View names of interior elevation tags read the room names?

I've searched around, but couldn't find anything on this. Is there a way to have the View names of interior elevation tags read the room names? so instead of Elevation - 1a, Elevation - 1b, etc, it will read Office A, Office B, etc.
    Aloha,
    jamie
    Jamie Casile
    CAD/BIM Manager
    Pacific CADD Services, Inc.
    ...My Lomography Page...

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Is there a way to have the View names of interior elevation tags read the room names?

You could set the VIEW_NAME built-in-parameter to the room names

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Is there a way to have the View names of interior elevation tags read the room names?

thanks for the reply, but what i am looking for is to have it automatically call in the room name of the room it is being placed into.

thanks,
    jamie
    Jamie Casile
    CAD/BIM Manager
    Pacific CADD Services, Inc.
    ...My Lomography Page...

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

I haven't confirmed this but I don't think elevation tags will be room aware.What you do need to decide is how to select matching rooms/views. The easiest way is probably something like this (psuedo code):

User selects one tag/ one room.
    Check only one tag and it's an elevation tag.
    Check for one room or room tag.(You could do either or both as an option)
    No, you can't use a room tag to do this.
    Rename elevation to room.

HTH,

Guy
    Last edited by GuyR; 2006-08-10 at 03:29 AM.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Jamie,

Find attached simple (ie: not much error checking) command doing what you want with sourcecode . Also a video tutorial in the source directory. Just open the .htm file and the flash video should run.

Note: If you don't put the .dll in the c:\ directory you'll need to change the ini file accordingly.

HTH,

Guy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Guy,

I've been following this thread & downloaded the zip file. It sounds like a great tool and I would like to see it in action. I tried to run the htm file have not beeen successful. When opening in explorer the progress bar gets about halfway and stops. I have the latest Flash player installed. Do you know why the file won't run? or can you send it in another format like PDF?

Thanks,

Todd

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Do you know why the file won't run?
    I'm using wink to create the video and this is a bug on some windows systems apparently.Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully the attached(larger) flash exe will work for you.

HTH,

Guy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Guy,

Thanks, now I need to learn more about API in order to learn where to place the files.

Todd

Login to Give a bone

Did you rewrite the API to turn off the text for the Interior Elevation Tag?
    Is there a way yo do this with out changing the API?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks, now I need to learn more about API in order to learn where to place the files.
    Todd,

Make sure Revit isn't running.

The .dll can go in any directory. A good choice is something like C:\APICommands. Then go to the program directory of Revit V9. Probably C:\Program Files\Autodesk Revit Building 9\Program.
    In this directory there is a file called Revit.ini. Open this file (double click) and you should be in notepad, a text editor. Go to the end of the file and add this text

[ExternalCommands]
    ECCount=1

ECName1="Elevation Views"
    ECDescription1="Rename Elevation Views"
    ECClassName1=RenameElevation.Command
    ECAssembly1="C:\APICommands\RenameElevation.dll"

Changing the ECAssembly1 depending on where you put the dll. Save and close the file. Run Revit and under tools->external tools there will be the command to run.

HTH,

Guy

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast