Thread: Make insertion point move with scale action

Login to Give a bone

Question Make insertion point move with scale action

I Have been trying and trying and trying to make the insertion point of this beam

I have tried to give it a perimetric point, a perimetric point with the scale action and a paremetric point with the move action…………..When the block has the point and I change the scale of the beam…well the beam scales but the point doesn’t move…………..
    OK…… ……I know you can change the scale of a block and the insertion point should move with it…………

This is very frustrating. Can you Please help me. I attached the block so you can see the problem I am
    having

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Make insertion point move with scale action

Quote Originally Posted by KRISTIVETTE
    I Have been trying and trying and trying to make the insertion point of this beam

I have tried to give it a perimetric point, a perimetric point with the scale action and a paremetric point with the move action…………..When the block has the point and I change the scale of the beam…well the beam scales but the point doesn’t move…………..
    OK…… ……I know you can change the scale of a block and the insertion point should move with it…………

This is very frustrating. Can you Please help me. I attached the block so you can see the problem I am
    having
    Kristi, love the name.... my wifes Best Friend is a Kristi, and they used to terrorize the populace in a 'Vette....
    ok, are you having problems with keeping the insertion point in the middle? if so, remove the point parameter and the two actions and it should do what you want. if this isn't what you are after, let me know.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

I have already done that and it doesn't work.....Oh and I just have a celica (right now)not a vette...........With a job in this field.....it will not be long.

The Grip is at the bottom lower left of the meam.
    If I move the beam with the mid point as the base point to 0,0 it totally ruins the dynamic block.

Login to Give a bone

ok, and after another look, your bottom flange thickness stretch is affecting the r.side vertical parameter and should be removed from the selection set. this will eliminate the upper Rhand node from going wonky. also, you need to add the Basepoint parameter to the selection set for both the vert. and horiz. 'Stretch .5' actions. (still looking for bugs...)
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

I have already done that and it doesn't work.....Oh and I just have a celica (right now)not a vette...........With a job in this field.....it will not be long.

The Grip is at the bottom lower left of the meam.
    If I move the beam with the mid point as the base point to 0,0 it totally ruins the dynamic block.
    bottom lower left..... are we talking inside the Block Editor? (BE) i see a grip on top of the flange in the lower left, but that's it.

am i assuming correctly that you want the Basepoint of the block itself to be the absolute middle of the section?
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Make insertion point move with scale action

ok ...my boss just gave me a pile of work so I will work on it later today or tommorrow.......
    Thanks

Login to Give a bone

yes....the insertion pont needs to be in the middle of the beam and stay there. When the scale of the beam is changed..........The insertion point doesn't move with it...............

Login to Give a bone

yes....the insertion pont needs to be in the middle of the beam and stay there. When the scale of the beam is changed..........The insertion point doesn't move with it...............
    ok, then if you can follow what i said previously, that should make it do what you need. let me know if you need anything more!
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Make insertion point move with scale action

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.N
    ok, then if you can follow what i said previously, that should make it do what you need. let me know if you need anything more!
    sure will...
    I really love the AUGI site!!!!!

Login to Give a bone

sure will...
    I really love the AUGI site!!!!!
    mind you, we don't always pounce on issues that fast, you just got lucky today...
    S&D DB Sharing Forum