See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Bad Drafter Disciplinary Actions

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Bad Drafter Disciplinary Actions

Quote Originally Posted by stusic
    No, the owners are afraid of change, and new blood is a form of change. They won't let him go. And d*mn right he wants to be here - he knows he's got it made. I'd want to be at a job where I could do anything I want too. Let's not even start talking about his daily work schedule... There are a couple of guys here who just don't care about the quality of their drafting, they know they'll have a job forever, so they just do whatever's easiest. Even if it screws up everyone else.

I've said: it's not this one instance where he messed up - it's every where, every week, every job, every single friggin' drawing!! This time it really got my goat because he screwed me and everyone else right before the job went out by breaking one of the ten commandments of our company; then wasn't even there to fix it!

I'm not trying to get him fired for one mistake; I'm not even sure I'm interested in him being fired, but I do think something should be done that's serious enough for him to, i dunno, draft at least decently?

If you're not worried about repurcussions for doing something horribly wrong, what's to keep you from doing it?

All I'm trying to say through all of this is that the frustration I feel .... The productivity losses and costs associated with his lack of a solid work ethic are visibly affecting the company. It should be changed if this company ever expects to grow. One way or another.
    Wow. you thought of that for a while.

hmmm ... seems like I didn't have a clear picture of what's going on. I thought we were dealing with a good draftsman who simply had a brain fart. This is different. I imagined a less experienced draftsman who simply was having a hard time fitting himself around company standards and regular CAD workings.

I suppose I was putting myself in his shoes ....

It's also unacceptable that he wasn't even there to fix the mistakes ... THAT'S a bone of contention for me. If you make a mistake, fine, but at least fix it. Don't let someone else clean up your slop.

You should be worried of making a mistake, I suppose. But employers should not be quick to pull out the Donald's famous quote. Again, this is in regards to more capable and considerate workers. I suppose I'm just saying "golden rule". but the golden rule goes both ways and it sounds as though this individual is not being considerate to those who he works with. Unfortunate.

It's a good thing there's only 8 hours in a working day. There USED to be 10 or 12. So I suppose it could have been worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Design Visualization Moderator stusic's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Bad Drafter Disciplinary Actions

Yeah, I just dont' really know what to do. I suppose I'm going to tell him what he did wrong and how much trouble it caused and that he better clean up his act and get on the wagon or actual disciplinary actions may come to follow...

I'll just call it an ID Ten "T" error and give my self some satisfaction...

Thank God for Happy Hour!

Design Visualization Moderator stusic's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Bad Drafter Disciplinary Actions

Sorry...

ID Ten "T" = IDIOT

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567