Thread: Page Setups do not appear to be working with the PUBLISH command

Design Visualization Moderator stusic's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Page Setups do not appear to be working with the PUBLISH command

Hey All,

I've never used the publish command before, but since we are preparing to make a move to 2006, I thought it'd be good to get into it and see how it works in an attempt to make the most out of our upgrade.

I've created a drawing with the page setups we most commonly use (11x17, d-size, e-size) and have saved that.

When I start the PUBLISH command, I remove the tabs I don't want, and add the drawings I do want; I change the page setup for he drawings and choose my drawing with the page setups I created, then I choose the setup I want in this particular instance. I specify to make it publish to the plotters named in the page setup and hit "Publish".

"Warnings Found"

The log says:
    "The layout and page setup use different image orientation but have the same media orientation. The plot may not fit the page."

It does plot, but it's not correct - depending on the size, it'll cut off the right-hand side of the border or other things...

The page setups in the template drawing all appear to be correct (exactly as I would do them individually), so i don't know if it's a problem with the template or with the way i'm setting up the publish command.

I'd really like to get this set up, but these are some serious issues that need to be ironed out befor I even think of implementing it office-wide.

Also, we're using CutePDF to publish our drawings to PDF and what I've found is when I use the publish command, it'll bring up the Save As dialog box, but it's difficult to tell what drawing it's attempting to save. Is there a way around this or a better way altogether?

hhhheeeeelllllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppp mmmmmeeeeeeeeee............

thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Page Setups do not appear to be working with the PUBLISH command

Hi

Do the same drawings Plot correctly via the _.Plot command, if the same Page Setup ( from Template file ) is applied to them ?

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Page Setups do not appear to be working with the PUBLISH command

Quote Originally Posted by stusic
    Also, we're using CutePDF to publish our drawings to PDF and what I've found is when I use the publish command, it'll bring up the Save As dialog box, but it's difficult to tell what drawing it's attempting to save. Is there a way around this or a better way altogether?
    This is a function of your PDF driver. I don't believe CutePDF has a setting for this.

Check out:
    AcroPlot [ http://www.cadzation.com/acroplotpro_info.htm ]
    Bluebeam [ http://www.bluebeam.com/ ]

Note: AutoCAD 2007 has a built-in PDF driver - but don't upgrade just for this because it's a very poor PDF driver - 3rd party solutions are still much better.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |