Thread: Looking for a CUI 101 to help me get started

Login to Give a bone

Smile Looking for a CUI 101 to help me get started...found it...

My menu/toolbar customization talents are pre 2006 abd was to create a new menu, select it, customize the toolbars and muddling my way through getting it to work as required....I would forward onto users as req'd the directory where all my info was....more or less that was my process and several years back I might add...all in all a pain but I understood it.

Anyway, 2006 and the introduction of CUI....has me most confused. My firm is networked, and the original .mns toolbar created many orbital rotations ago is becoming more and more unusable. I have tried the transfer and it only adds the toolbar to the ADT menu. I would rather see all my individual menu's not toolbar added to one menu. I have tried creating a workspace and I still wind up with the toolbar in another menu....I now have some clients with toolbars with question marks....My only saving grace is that I know where to locate my original .cui's and I simply overwrite and start over....

I have read so much material that nothing makes any sense....I need to be directed to CUI 101 and begin there....does anyone know of such a benchmark?

Most thanks, PH
    Last edited by woknwolr; 2006-08-14 at 12:52 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Looking for a CUI 101 to help me get started

Hi PH

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD Customization forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Looking for a CUI 101 to help me get started

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Re: Looking for a CUI 101 to help me get started

Visited the CUI and workspace videos post and we are woknwol'n now....thanks for the tip....I have another post too....if you need some more CAD with your coffee?