Thread: Managing AutoCAD profiles and keeping them up to date when changes occur

Login to Give a bone

Question Managing AutoCAD profiles and keeping them up to date when changes occur

This seems to be the place for me today....

Currently, all CAD users at my firm are loaded with a standard startup profile that links files and settings back to our network. We also have an undocked profile for the laptop users that is set for away from the office use.

The problem....how do you reestablish these profiles when additional standards are put into place without having to reload all these profiles again. Plus, with personal settings, etc. everyone now has their own profile established. What am I missing?

Most thanks, PH

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Managing AutoCAD profiles and keeping them up to date when changes occur

Hi

Depending on exactly what is being updated, the following threads may be of some interest...

profile update while still in autocad

Edit Project Files Search Path.

Have a good one, Mike

I could stop if I wanted to pnorman's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Managing AutoCAD profiles and keeping them up to date when changes occur

Hi,

I update the standard profile then reload it onto the users computers. I do this manually at the moment but I am sure it can be done with lisp from acad.lsp or similar on start up. I expect you will find the necessary lisp in this forum to do that. As fas as their own profiles are concerned. Its up to each user to replace their profile with the new standard profile and redo any of their custom changes. That's the price they pay for making changes. As the cad manager here I have found this to be the most efficient approach. Usually the changes users make relate to colors, pickboxes, etc and are relatively minor. So it usually only takes them a few minutes to update.

I have recently installed ADT 2007. I am not sure if I will continue with this approach due to the new nature of profiles and workspaces and cui etc. I am sure we will all get used to the new stuff sooner rather than later.

Regards
    Phill