Thread: despeckle

Login to Give a bone

Default despeckle

hi all.
    i am importing an image into my drawing to show a scann of a landuse plan with Lotting lines. I can scale and rotate the image to fit in my existing drawing, but the drawing looks "rough" because its a raster pic.

in the past, i could use the image menu to "clean up" and "make nice and pretty" the scans that I import into our original linework. however, i am trying to do an image --> cleanup --> despeckle. I go through the whole process and then it shows me what will be deleted from the scan, but when I return, nothing happens. it's like it thinks it's doing the despeckle, but nothing happens. this is really weird cause i haven't done anything to my autocad install, and it seems as though i can't control it. i even tried doing this on my c: drawing and it still is doing it. is there some variable that i need to enable?

any ideas would help. thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: despeckle

Quote Originally Posted by rlong.96213
    hi all.
    i am importing an image into my drawing to show a scann of a landuse plan with Lotting lines. I can scale and rotate the image to fit in my existing drawing, but the drawing looks "rough" because its a raster pic.

in the past, i could use the image menu to "clean up" and "make nice and pretty" the scans that I import into our original linework. however, i am trying to do an image --> cleanup --> despeckle. I go through the whole process and then it shows me what will be deleted from the scan, but when I return, nothing happens. it's like it thinks it's doing the despeckle, but nothing happens. this is really weird cause i haven't done anything to my autocad install, and it seems as though i can't control it. i even tried doing this on my c: drawing and it still is doing it. is there some variable that i need to enable?

Send me a copy of the file & I'll see what I can find. Send it to jsmith@aep.com.
    Give people a job worth doing, the tools to do it, recognition of a job well done & get out of the way.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rlong.96213
    hi all.

Are also running Raster Design. As far as I remember that was the only vertical that had those options. If so let me know. Then I can move this thread into the Raster Design form.

Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

the zipped file is 12 mb. unfortunately my work emai will not allow attachments >3mb. i will use my gmail accouont when i get home.
    another thing that concerns me about not despeckling, is that it seems like my image menu functions have been severly degraded. i cant edit any tiff files anymore. it always gives the "can't edit file that has different x and y dimensions" yada yada...

really starting to annoy me.

I'll email you tonight when I get home.