Thread: Autodesk Map, the 2005 edition - looking for a copy of this book

Login to Give a bone

Default Autodesk Map, the 2005 edition - looking for a copy of this book

Need to start teaching myself Autodesk Map, the 2005 edition. Before I purchase a new copy, does anyone have a used copy in used condition gathering dust on their shelves they'd like to sell?

Cheers,
    Rick

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autodesk Map, the 2005 edition - looking for a copy of this book

The software or the book?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain
    The software or the book?
    Not sure what you mean.

Are you suspicious of piracy? We're a GIS shop primarily using ESRI products; if you mean the application software, we do own AutoDesk Map 2005 - the problem is I've never learned how to use it as we've never had a need up to now. We have a new landscape architect client who is all about AutoDesk Map, so it's time to start learning the software.

What I mean is I'm looking for a used copy of the book "Digging Into Autodesk Map 2005"; if that book comes with a software CD/DVD, then of course I want that as well. The book is only about $45 new from Cadapult these days, so if there aren't any books out there in good condition gathering dust, I'll just buy a new one.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ricklowe
    ... and any disks that would have come with it new containing lesson data, examples, whatever... Do training books even come like that anymore, or is it pretty much the default these days with high speed internet that you simply download whatever you need from a website?

Anyways, now that we have that clarified... anyone have a copy in good condition for sale?

Or for that matter, suggest another title or book? I'm open to suggestions as I have no prior experience with any of the AutoDesk products. Its all pretty much been Microstation and ArcMap in my career to this point.

I'd prefer formal training, but as this is coming out of my own pocket and being done on my own time, I won't be getting too crazy with educational materials.

Thanks for reading, guys...
    In the mean time you can take a look to see if the AU handouts are of use to you.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ricklowe
    Not sure what you mean.
    Reread your original post.

Need to start teaching myself Autodesk Map, the 2005 edition. Before I purchase a new copy...
    From that text, it was impossible to know if you were looking to purchase "AutoCAD Map 2005" (the software application) -or- the text in quotes in the subject (maybe a book)...

Now we know you are looking for a book. Thanks.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |