Thread: Altering all level heights

Login to Give a bone

Default Altering all level heights

I have a project that I’m working on where we are trying to change all the level heights at once.

Long story short, the project is at 98%DD, the levels where originally set up according to the surveyor’s heights (i.e. 1785- 1780 feet), and now we want to alter them to an architectural standard such as 0’-0” A.F.F. and +10’ A.F.F. How can we try going about this without destroying our model? Any ideas?

Thanks for the help,

-John

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Altering all level heights

I could stop if I wanted to Melarch's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

If you do not need to move the entire project to a different Level (elevation), but need to show both elevations as ASL (Above Sea Level indicated by Surveyor) and by AFF (Above Finished Floor as indicated relative to grade or Top of Foundation), then you need to create a Shared Level.

For the purpose of this explanation I will assume you are using the latest Revit release 9 and build 20060619_2300.
    First, if you haven't already relocated your project to the ASL established by the Surveyor, then in the Tools menu select Project Position/Orientation>Relocate this Project. The purpose of this is to establish the real elevation of your project relative to Sea Level. This will also allow your current Project based Levels to maintain there 0'-0" elevation relationshi[ps.
    If you have already reset the Levels by using either the Move command or changed there elevation values then they have taken on the elevated values.

You will need to move all of the Levels back to the original 0'-0" using the move command, then relocate the Levels to the Surveyors established ASL by selecting Project Position/Orientation>Relocate this Project from the Tools menu. This should correct the values for all of the Levels and show one of the Levels as 0'-0"

To show both Project based and Shared Based Level values you need to create a new Level tag for Shared Base. In the Basic tab select Level, select the Properties button. In the Element Properties for Levels select Edit/New. In the Type Properties select Duplicate and create a new Level type named "Shared Levels". Change the Elevation Base under Constraints to Shared versus Project. Everything else can remain the same or be changed as you like.

Add a new Level in line with your 0'-0" Level and rename it Level X (whatever name the original Project Based is called) + ASL (Above Sea Level). Remove any reference in the Project Browser under Floor or Ceilign Plans for this Level (ASL) as it is unnecessary to have them listed, since they are duplicates. This allows you to display both the Project (Top of Foundation as 0'-0" and the respective floors/ceiling Levels) and Shared based (actual Sea Level) values in the same project views.

Of course if you do not need to see Levels in a view just do not add the Shared Level in the elevation view, since it is a duplicate Level annotation of the existing Project Level annotation.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks everyone, Tools>Shared Coordinates>Specify Coordinates At A Point, seams to have worked the best after locking all the levels.

-John