See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sheet Index

Login to Give a bone

Default Sheet Index

A cool gizmo would be a way to take the sheet list and place it directly on a sheet (Title sheet) giving us a truly parametric and placeable sheet index. While you're at it, in addition, it would be nice to be able to have a sheet count appear in the title block families to chronologically number all the sheets in a set.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Sheet Index

you can put the sheet list on any sheet you like, just drag it on from the project browser. Better yet, format it how you want and put it on your title sheet in your template, then you'll never have to do a sheet list again, it will fill itself out as you make sheets.

Sheet count, however, you can't do to my knowledge yet. wonder if the api could help with this... Anyone who knows anything about the api able to help?
    Last edited by sfaust; 2006-08-18 at 10:13 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sfaust
    you can put the sheet list on any sheet you like, just drag it on from the project browser. Better yet, format it how you want and put it on your title sheet in your template, then you'll never have to do a sheet list again, it will fill itself out as you make sheets.
    Just tried it, and although I had to create a view of the list and then drag it onto a sheet, at least now I know I can do it. Was not able to just drag it from the Project Browser and then drop it onto a sheet though. Is that what you meant?

Regardless, the further into Revit I get (4th month so far), the less I ever want to even think about ADT and ACAD again. Its just stunningly good.

DB
    Last edited by Steve_Stafford; 2006-08-19 at 12:30 AM. Reason: quote repair

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Thread moved back to Revit general...

Sheet count, just add the Count field to the Drawing List. See Attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bruckmandesign
    Regardless, the further into Revit I get (4th month so far), the less I ever want to even think about ADT and ACAD again. Its just stunningly good.

DB

Here...Here.

Login to Give a bone

Remember also, to sort sheets in the list arbitrarily, make a hidden parameter (integer) and sort on that. Thus, C1 can come before A1,

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by truevis
    Remember also, to sort sheets in the list arbitrarily, make a hidden parameter (integer) and sort on that. Thus, C1 can come before A1,
    Just curious. When you did this (we did something similar so we can group our sheets according to NCS method), how did you create your parameter? Did you use an integer? Once you created the parameter, did you assign sequential numbers to each sheet? If so, and you added a sheet, how did you avoid renumbering everything? What did you do about consultant sheets.

We have a method that solves this (and as soon as I get this documented in some clear fashion and the tutorial created for our users, I will share) but I am curious what methods others are using to get the sheets in order. For me, the trickiest was getting our consultant sheets in our set (particularly when they come as PLT, PDF, TIFF or other), getting the index for everything as a single entity instead of bunches of little schedules, and figuring out how to avoid renumbering everything when one page was added to a several hundred sheet set. Ended up with one INDEX schedule (for the sheet itself with all the stuff hidden) and an INDEX MANAGER schedule to organize everything but ultimately got it to work effectively. Seems better than lots of filtered schedules and seems we can pre-load into our template also.

Just interested in how you addressed these issues. Thanks.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Probably the quickest way to create a sheet that has various settings you want to use again is to Copy to Clipboard and Paste From Clipboard within the Project Browser.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by phyllisr
    Just curious. When you did this (we did something similar so we can group our sheets according to NCS method), how did you create your parameter? Did you use an integer? Once you created the parameter, did you assign sequential numbers to each sheet? If so, and you added a sheet, how did you avoid renumbering everything? What did you do about consultant sheets.

We have a method that solves this (and as soon as I get this documented in some clear fashion and the tutorial created for our users, I will share) but I am curious what methods others are using to get the sheets in order. For me, the trickiest was getting our consultant sheets in our set (particularly when they come as PLT, PDF, TIFF or other), getting the index for everything as a single entity instead of bunches of little schedules, and figuring out how to avoid renumbering everything when one page was added to a several hundred sheet set. Ended up with one INDEX schedule (for the sheet itself with all the stuff hidden) and an INDEX MANAGER schedule to organize everything but ultimately got it to work effectively. Seems better than lots of filtered schedules and seems we can pre-load into our template also.

Just interested in how you addressed these issues. Thanks.
    Would the following approach do what you want?

• Create a new integer parameter applicable to drawing sheets. Call it Discipline Rank.
    • Create drawing list. Include Sheet Number and Discipline Rank. Sort/Group by Discipline Rank and then by Sheet Number.
    • Then, while looking at spreadsheet view of drawing list fill in Discipline Rank for all existing sheets. Assign 1 for Civil sheets and 2 for Architectural sheets.
    • Modify properties of drawing list to make Discipline Rank parameter hidden.
    • When new sheets are added use properties dialog to assign Discipline Rank.

If Discipline Rank is sorted in accenting order you will end up with all civil sheets in front of architectural sheets and you won't need to do massive changes when new sheets are added or deleted.

In practice you probably need to come up with more elaborate scheme for numbering Discipline Rank which will account for all kinds of sheets that you need to handle. It may be a good idea to base this scheme on National CAD Standards.

HTH

Login to Give a bone

What about Consultant's sheets? How would those be added to the index?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast