Thread: Looking for step by step guide for Civil 3D 2006 or 2007

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Looking for step by step guide for Civil 3D 2006 or 2007

habra somebody aqui that can help to me? I need to learn civilian 3d, do not tendran a manual that step by step takes on algun project? from zero! that is? that it does not find anything, from the import of points etc. if there is somebody step by step has a guide of like beginning to use civilian 3d, the manual of autodesk says much but you see nothing it so that is to be checking other things:S no! I need something! that me guie step by step from zero on a project, if by ahi somebody has a material estare been thankful eternally, thanks, greetings to all.

I could stop if I wanted to Sammie's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Looking for step by step guide for Civil 3D 2006 or 2007

Quote Originally Posted by sega2002
    habra somebody aqui that can help to me? I need to learn civilian 3d, do not tendran a manual that step by step takes on algun project? from zero! that is? that it does not find anything, from the import of points etc. if there is somebody step by step has a guide of like beginning to use civilian 3d, the manual of autodesk says much but you see nothing it so that is to be checking other things:S no! I need something! that me guie step by step from zero on a project, if by ahi somebody has a material estare been thankful eternally, thanks, greetings to all.
    (More clear translation for our English users)
    Is there anybody that can help me? I need to learn Civil 3D, bit I do not have a manual that will help me step-by-step, from the beginning. I need help, from the import of points etc. Is there anybody that has a step-by-step guide from the beginning of Civil 3D? The manual of Autodesk says a lot, but nothing that pertains to certain things. I need something! I need a guide that will help me from start to finish on a project. If anybody has this material, I will be thankful eternally. Thanks and greetings to all.

Login to Give a bone

Thank you Sammie.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

• Tutorials are included with the program (Help | Tutorials)
      • Getting Started. Explores the application workspace and demonstrates some important design tools and tasks.
      • Points. Learn how to work with coordinate geometry (COGO) points, which are the basis for modeling land surfaces.
      • Surfaces. Learn the basics about creating and working with land surfaces.
      • Survey. Learn the basics about importing, creating, managing, and analyzing survey data.
      • Project Management. Learn how to use Autodesk Civil 3D project management.
      • Horizontal Alignments. Learn about horizontal alignments, which are the basis for modeling roads.
      • Profiles. Learn the basics about viewing and designing the elevation profile of land surfaces along a horizontal alignment.
      • Parcels. Learn the basics about creating and editing parcels as well as working with the display and labeling of parcels.
      • Grading. Learn how to design the finished grade for land surfaces such as housing subdivisions and retail sites.
      • Corridors. Learn how to create simple and more complex corridor designs.
      • Pipe Networks. Learn how to create a pipe network using the specialized layout tools.
        Each tutorial contains a set of lessons designed to explore the various features of Autodesk Civil 3D.

• Weekly webcasts -- http://www.autodesk.com/civil3d
    • Numerous blogs (see right hand column under Civil 3D blogs at http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com/)
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

I could stop if I wanted to ekubaskie's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

There's also the 7-day AU On-line trial thing for AUGI (right up front at http://www.augi.com/home/default.asp) where you can download the course handouts from last year's AU.

Login to Give a bone

And after that you have only scratched the surface.

John Postlewait
    IS Department
    George Butler Associates, Inc.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jpostlewait
    And after that you have only scratched the surface.
    And that is an understatement....
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |