Thread: Display problem with array action, when controlled by display states

Login to Give a bone

Default Display problem with array action, when controlled by display states

I've built this block and I'm having problems with it. It's a shutter. I use the array action to add more louvers as the shutter grows in height. These louvers are also controlled by display states; they are not visible in all display states. When I insert the block (from the palette) the display state does not filter out the louvers when it should. Here's the odd part. If I block edit the block after I insert it, it works, even if I don't change anything. I have to do this to each instance of the block in the drawing.

(Update: When I edit the block, I do switch visability states. This allows the block to "save" when I close the bedit command. If I don't the block justs closes and there is no change.)

I also have problems with a Wipeout frame that won't stay in the display order position I've assigned. I'm guessing this is because the display order "move to back" only effects the objects position when displayed in the block file. When it gets inserted in another drawing the Wipeout frame moves back to it's "normal" position.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by wommack; 2006-08-23 at 08:51 PM.

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Display problem with array action, when controlled by display states

Quote Originally Posted by wommack
    I've built this block and I'm having problems with it. It's a shutter. I use the array action to add more louvers as the shutter grows in height. These louvers are also controlled by display states; they are not visible in all display states. When I insert the block (from the palette) the display state does not filter out the louvers when it should. Here's the odd part. If I block edit the block after I insert it, it works, even if I don't change anything. I have to do this to each instance of the block in the drawing.

(Update: When I edit the block, I do switch visability states. This allows the block to "save" when I close the bedit command. If I don't the block justs closes and there is no change.)

I also have problems with a Wipeout frame that won't stay in the display order position I've assigned. I'm guessing this is because the display order "move to back" only effects the objects position when displayed in the block file. When it gets inserted in another drawing the Wipeout frame moves back to it's "normal" position.
    wommack,

I checked out your block on my PC here at home and everythign seems to work just fine for me.

I WOULD suggest one thing though ..... remove the Grip from the linear parameter (set to 0). That way, stretching the louvre panels will be completely dependent on the XY parameter and not on the individual stretch.

Aside from that, I liked the block and it worked the way it was supposed to for me.

Sorrrrrrry.
    Last edited by Rico; 2006-08-25 at 10:20 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell