Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FREEZE tool/icon (snowflake) was in AutoCAD 2004, lost in AutoCAD 2007

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy FREEZE tool/icon (snowflake) was in AutoCAD 2004, lost in AutoCAD 2007

I've recently been upgraded from v.2004 to v.2007 and I've lost a very useful tool.
    v.2004 offered a FREEZE icon (snowflake) that allowed the user to select any specific item on a layer and remove it from displaying WITHOUT turning 'off' the entire layer.
    i.e., If a layer contained a large rectangle with 6 small squares (#1 thru 6), I could click on the 'snowflake' then select squares #2 & #5 and they would turn 'off' (be removed from view and also from printing/plotting); the remaining rectangle and squares #1,3, 4 & 6 would still display.

I have searched v.2007 and can't find a way to access this tool; other than the Std. 'snowflake' that turns the entire layer 'off'.

I used this tool for displaying engineering devices when Architctural or other
    engineering disciplines have objects that are not relevant to my package; or contain too much graphics that make the drawing difficult to read. This was really a time-saver!!!

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Neda Anser; 2006-08-30 at 01:13 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: FREEZE tool/icon (snowflake) was in AutoCAD 2004, lost in AutoCAD 2007

Is this vanilla AutoCAD or a vertical?

If this is Map or LDT, try the ._AecHideObjects command
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: FREEZE tool/icon (snowflake) was in AutoCAD 2004, lost in AutoCAD 2007

You got me there...all I know is that we have the Full licensed Office version..

I could stop if I wanted to Mamma Jamma's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I thought that I heard that this was taken from Express Tools and made part of ACAD2007 (even LT)? Was I mistaken? It may be just relocated to a different toolbar?

Login to Give a bone

Red face Re: FREEZE tool/icon (snowflake) was in AutoCAD 2004, lost in AutoCAD 2007

I' ve searched until I'm blue in the face...can't find ....

Login to Give a bone

I don't know about vanilla AutoCAD, but in ADT there is a new toolbar called "Layers II" which is where you can find it. Also in the Format pulldown in layer tools. The icon on the toolbar looks a bit different, but it still has the snowflake.

Sorry, I just reread your post and I don't think this is what you are looking for. The only thing I can think of that is close is the object isolate/ object hide tools, but I don't know if there is a toolbar for them, only the lightbulb at the bottom right corner.
    Last edited by cholmes; 2006-08-24 at 09:13 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cholmes
    The only thing I can think of that is close is the object isolate/ object hide tools, but I don't know if there is a toolbar for them, only the lightbulb at the bottom right corner.

That is the ._AecHideObjects command.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by amiller.119875
    Full licensed Office version..
    I suppose you mean that you have Full blown AutoCAD, not AutoCAD LT.

Are you sure that this wasn't a 3rd party routine that you had in r2004?

I don't know of any core command that "hides certain objects" - not the entire layer.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by amiller.119875
    <SNIP>

If there is a way to retrieve this tool function, please email me at:
    < Personal contact information removed. >

Thanks in advance.
    Hi

I personally recommend that you edit your above post and remove your personal contact numbers ( unless you are 100% happy about giving out such information publicly ).

You might also want to review "Forum Security" which can be found in the "AUGI Forum Guidelines".

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

Login to Give a bone

Will this set of routines from Cadalyst do what you are looking for?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast