Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FREEZE tool/icon (snowflake) was in AutoCAD 2004, lost in AutoCAD 2007

Design Visualization Moderator stusic's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: FREEZE tool/icon (snowflake) was in AutoCAD 2004, lost in AutoCAD 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    Will this set of routines from Cadalyst do what you are looking for?
    With having to use the command to show the items before you quit, it's almost like using Erase & OOPS commands...

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: FREEZE tool/icon (snowflake) was in AutoCAD 2004, lost in AutoCAD 2007

Quote Originally Posted by amiller.119875
    You got me there...all I know is that we have the Full licensed Office version..
    Without knowing what software package you are working with, it is impossible to answer this question.

Go to your help--> about and tell us what software you are using.

Login to Give a bone

We have this Lisp Routine at our work, there's several variations of this routine we have, including lock, unlock and layer off.. the only problem i have with it is that it needs a selected object and cannot take a window or a crossing as an input type.

Code:
    (defun c:LAYER-FREEZE (/ obj-source lay-name lay-lst lay-name)
      (setvar "cmdecho" 0)
      (while (setq obj-source
    		   (entsel "\nPick an object on the layer to be freezed: ")
    		 )
    		 (setq obj-source (car obj-source))
    		 (setq lay-name (cdr (assoc 8 (entget obj-source))))
    		 (setq lay-lst (tblsearch "layer" lay-name))
    		 (setq lay-name (cdr (assoc 2 lay-lst)))
    		 (if (= lay-name (getvar "clayer"))
    		   (alert (strcat "Cannot freeze layer" lay-name ". It is the CURRENT layer."))
    		   (command "-layer" "f" lay-name "")
    		 )
      )
      (setvar "cmdecho" 1)
      (princ)
    )
    [ Moderator Action = ON ] What are [ CODE ] tags... [ Moderator Action = OFF ]
    Last edited by Mike.Perry; 2006-08-26 at 03:36 AM. Reason: [CODE] tags added.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BrenBren
    Without knowing what software package you are working with, it is impossible to answer this question.

Go to your help--> about and tell us what software you are using.
    AutoCAD 2007
    Version: A.54.0 (UNICODE)
    Service Pack: 0

I don't know if it was a '3rd party' item; I was shown it's function when I was having trouble trying to insert some electrical gear on a drawing that was too cluttered...one of the designers said 'Do this...click, click' and the clutter was deleted from the drawing without disturbing the remaining layer display....

If not 'findable', this is a fantastic tool for AutoCAD to incorporate as a new upgrade download.....and not wait for v.2008(?)
    Last edited by Neda Anser; 2006-08-30 at 06:00 PM.

Login to Give a bone

AutoCAD 2007

I don't know if it was a '3rd party' item; I was shown it's function when I was having trouble trying to insert some electrical gear on a drawing that was too cluttered...one of the designers said 'Do this...click, click' and the clutter was deleted from the drawing without disturbing the remaining layer display....
    Can you find this designer and ask him/her?

Sounds like either the ._AecHideObjects command -or- a 3rd party routine. ToolPac for example includes a function to do this.

You can also do this with your own lisp or vba code by setting the VISIBLE property to FALSE for the selected objects. The following code defines two functions:

HIDEME: to hide objects
    SHOWME: to restore them

Code:
    (defun C:HIDEME (/ ss i)
      (setq ss (ssget) i 0)
      (repeat (sslength ss)
        (vla-put-Visible
          (vlax-ename->vla-object (ssname ss i))
          :vlax-false
        )
        (setq i (1+ i))
      )
    )

(defun C:SHOWME (/ ss i)
      (setq ss (ssget "X" '((60 . 1))) i 0)
      (repeat (sslength ss)
        (vla-put-Visible
          (vlax-ename->vla-object (ssname ss i))
          :vlax-true
        )
        (setq i (1+ i))
      )
    )
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

AutoCAD 2007

If not 'findable', this is a fantastic tool for AutoCAD to incorporate as a new upgrade download.....and not wait for v.2008(?)
    We've had wishes on the wish list before to be able to select objects; they didn't do so well in the voting.

Sounds like a third party item; I don't think anything like this is available in vanilla AutoCAD; the closest we've got is the layer freeze and thaw tools.

Login to Give a bone

pull any one of the toolbars into your drawing area and right click on the dark colored part and you will see a list of toolbars, select layer II the layer tools that were in express tools have been incorporated into the program, let me know if it works it did for me.
    Last edited by rlh; 2006-09-19 at 08:51 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rlh
    pull any one of the toolbars into your drawing area and you will see a list of toolbars, select layer II the layer tools that were in express tools have been incorporated into the program, let me know if it works it did for me.
    As concluded in this thread, there is no built in tool to do what the OP requests, therefore it's not on the "Layers II" or any other toolbar.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Neda Anser
    I've recently been upgraded from v.2004 to v.2007 and I've lost a very useful tool.
    v.2004 offered a FREEZE icon (snowflake) that allowed the user to select any specific item on a layer and remove it from displaying WITHOUT turning 'off' the entire layer.
    i.e., If a layer contained a large rectangle with 6 small squares (#1 thru 6), I could click on the 'snowflake' then select squares #2 & #5 and they would turn 'off' (be removed from view and also from printing/plotting); the remaining rectangle and squares #1,3, 4 & 6 would still display.

I have searched v.2007 and can't find a way to access this tool; other than the Std. 'snowflake' that turns the entire layer 'off'.

I used this tool for displaying engineering devices when Architctural or other
    engineering disciplines have objects that are not relevant to my package; or contain too much graphics that make the drawing difficult to read. This was really a time-saver!!!

Thanks in advance.
    Once you have the 2007 software installed you have to put your disk back in to enable you to select the supplemental tools under the install tab. You should be able to install the express tools set which has the tool you are looking for. I hope this sorts out your problem.

Stephen

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by stephen.connor3
    Once you have the 2007 software installed you have to put your disk back in to enable you to select the supplemental tools under the install tab. You should be able to install the express tools set which has the tool you are looking for. I hope this sorts out your problem.

Stephen

See above.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast