Thread: Stretch in AutoCAD 2007 appears to conflict with Third Party application CADWorx

Login to Give a bone

Default Stretch in AutoCAD 2007 appears to conflict with Third Party application CADWorx

I have used a 3D piping design package for years (CadWorx Plant). Until AutoCAD 2007 I have had very few problems. 2007 makes the editing process almost impossible because of a redesign of the stretch command.

I draw pipe in whatever view I happen to be in, and now I can't stretch the pipe and associated fittings in a different view. This is ridiculous. If this is the direction AutoCAD is going - to ignore tried and true operations to add glitz that few if any people who use for technical design, I will be forced to find another platform.

Yes I can use grips. But you use grips to stretch pipe/valve/pipe/elbow/pipe/elbow/pipe 18" and tell me this is a good work-around.

Does anybody out there know of a realistic work-around. I have already installed SP1 and it didn't really fix the problem

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Stretch in AutoCAD 2007 appears to conflict with Third Party application CADWorx

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson.100237
    I have used a 3D piping design package for years (CadWorx Plant). Until AutoCAD 2007 I have had very few problems. 2007 makes the editing process almost impossible because of a redesign of the stretch command.

I draw pipe in whatever view I happen to be in, and now I can't stretch the pipe and associated fittings in a different view.
    Why not? I can stretch objects in one view and all views update.

Or does this have something to do with custom piping objects?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Stretch in AutoCAD 2007 appears to conflict with Third Party application CADWorx

My app uses polylines as the centerline for pipe and fittings. If I draw a straight piece of pipe in a particular plane, I can't move to another plane and stretch it. This becomes a major problem in my work. I can stretch if I don't change planes, but this is impractical and grips are not meant to stretch several objects at one time. I have enclosed a drawing to show what I mean. in the plan view the pipes in red do not stretch. Even without the 3rd part app you will see that the centerlines de-select during a stretch command. I drew the pipe in an ISO view by changing my ucs.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated. before SP1 the problem was worse.
    Attached Files Attached Files