I am trying to understand how vault works. Have Inv10 Series, with Vault and Vault Explorer installed, all on local machine. Have created new Vault project. and made it current project. Launch Vault Explorer.
I would like to make a copy of an existing, very simple (less than 10 parts) non-vault project in the new Vault project I just set up for the purpose of understanding how Vault works. This project should be independent of the non-vault project. I go to Vault Explorer...File...Add Files..navigate to the non-vault project location, select all the files I want, click open, get "Add Multiple Files" dialogue box, click OK, get following alert message:
"You are attempting to add one or more Inventor files. Files will be added but dependent relationships may be lost. To retain relationships, add using Inventor add-in"

What Inventor add-in???

I realize I am probably going about this in completely the wrong manner but from what I can see on this forum, everybody seems to have to learn Vault by trial and error or be a database whiz. Aren't there any tutorials (aside from the help, which sort of assumes you already have a foundation in Vault) I am very confused by all this "mapping" stuff.
Please help.
Thank you,
Mike