Thread: Right Click addition(s) wanted -- plus+plus

Default Right Click addition(s) wanted -- plus+plus

1. Many times, when I'm placing detail references in plan/section/elevation views, I can't remember what the "required" detail name is. But it's already on a sheet along with other similar/related details. I would like to "right click" on a view tag, and select a Select From Sheet option, that would take me to the sheet full of those similar details, allow me to "pick one", and then return me to the plan /section/elevation view that I was working in.

2. Also a Go To Sheet option, that would just "hyperlink" to the referenced sheet, not the view itself.

3. One more...
      I tend to do a lot of reorganizing of the views and sheets, to optimize the readability of the set. I would like a Move View to Sheet tool, that would work like a "paste aligned" for views. Of course, currently Revit does not allow Control-X (Cut) of a view, which could be one way of achieving this. This would also enable the placement of "like views", in the same place on different sheets. Just Overlay two (or more views) on a single mastering sheet, then Move (or Ctrl-X) them onto their preferred sheet.

4. OK last one...
      Some way of aligning symbols and view reference tags to columns and rows in schedules, such that as the schedule changes (shrinks or grows, or otherwise is reorganized), the associated symbols and view reference tags stay in their assigned fields.

Thanks,
    Graham

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar

Default Re: Right Click addition(s) wanted -- plus+plus

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Briggs
    ...I would like a Move View to Sheet tool, that would work like a "paste aligned" for views.
    In the meantime, Just in case you aren't aware of it, you can drag a view from one sheet to another in the project browser, assuming you can actually see both sheets in the browser.

Default Re: Right Click addition(s) wanted -- plus+plus

Thanks Steve,

Yes, I did. But repetitive "same place" placement is what I would like.
    Until then... it's tedium!

Graham