Thread: Projection mark up tools

Login to Give a bone

Default Projection mark up tools

I'm a Voc-ed instructor at a K10-12, I teach Computer Aided Design, the main product being AutoCAD 2007.
    I would be nice if AutoCAD included a set of teacher tools maybe in the express tools that we could use to teach with.

Example:
    • I need to be able to hot key to a maker tool to draw on AutoCAD’s drawing area, then hot key back to normal cursor operations

• Easy snap shot tool for screen captures ( other than clipboard )

• A series of graphics with AutoCAD icons on them so I can cut and past them into my lecture notes, at various sizes (making the little icons big degrades the image)

• On board video capture to record drafting techniques for later replay.

If these are already available in another package please let me know. Thank You
    Ken James
    Drafting Design Instructor
    Berks Career and Technology Center
    Kdjames@berkscareer.com

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Projection mark up tools

Welcome to AUGI! Glad to see more instructors around here.

How do you normally change over to the "maker tool"? You may be able to check out the AutoCAD Customization Forum for some help.

You can find various snap shot solutions in the Forum Feedback Forum.

I'm not sure on the large versions of the icon graphics.

Have you checked out the Hardware or Software forums for On Board Video Capture solutions?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the reply

What I was talking about with the marker tool is I need some way to be able to highlight different icons , areas on the screen etc. with a marker. There is a tool called desktop marker that lets you draw on your desktop but does not let you draw over the AutoCAD drawing area. I would like a tool that allows me to draw all over AutoCAD while I'm teaching to point out areas of interest.

Ken

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ken.james
    Thanks for the reply

What I was talking about with the marker tool is I need some way to be able to highlight different icons , areas on the screen etc. with a marker. There is a tool called desktop marker that lets you draw on your desktop but does not let you draw over the AutoCAD drawing area. I would like a tool that allows me to draw all over AutoCAD while I'm teaching to point out areas of interest.

Ken
    That may be another Software issue. I don't think AutoCAD should have this ability. That is not what it is designed for. It would also not benefit a majority of the AutoCAD user base.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Post Re: Projection mark up tools

Quote Originally Posted by ken.james
    Thanks for the reply

Ken
    Hello,
    I wonder if Autodesk® Design Review (formerly DWF Composer) might meet some of your requirements; it's the ideal way to review, mark up, and round-trip your design data.

Just a thought,

I could stop if I wanted to JASONM30395's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quick work around would be to take a screen capture of what you want, then re-inport the image into ACAD and mark up to your hearts content. And this way you could save it for future use.
    Loyalty above all else except honor
    For my honor is my life!