Thread: Cross sections to CSV

Login to Give a bone

Default Cross sections to CSV

Hi there,

I'm having much trouble trying to figure it out how to export points to csv in chainage/offset format and also cross section band data to csv with/without good command of xml language. Can you please tell me if civil 3D 2006 is capable of doing this and how? Preparing such table is already a nightmare for me. Thanks a lot!

Best regards, Ovidiu Candrea

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Cross sections to CSV

Hello Ovidiu,

I don't know how to export them, but there is a report in the reports manager that is Points_in_CSV.

What you want to do is on your General pull-down menu select Toolbox, while in your toolbox expand Points under points you should see a report for Points_in_CSV right click and select Execute and select the points by group that you wish to output.

Let me know if this works!
    Quote Originally Posted by ovidiucandrea
    Hi there,

I'm having much trouble trying to figure it out how to export points to csv in chainage/offset format and also cross section band data to csv with/without good command of xml language. Can you please tell me if civil 3D 2006 is capable of doing this and how? Preparing such table is already a nightmare for me. Thanks a lot!

Best regards, Ovidiu Candrea

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Cross sections to CSV

Thank you for your quick response.

Unfortunately it couldn't fix the problem since I'm interested in exporting the point data in chainage/offset format. It would seem strange, to say the least, for Civil 3D to be able to import data in such format only and not aslo export it. Especially when his older relative, Land Desktop can provide such output.

Related to Cross Sections, I've tried to display labels as tags but it works only for some alignment labels apparently.