See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Elevation View Depth Work Around?

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Elevation View Depth Work Around?

Quote Originally Posted by patricks View Post
    Glass only shows as transparent in 3D views, and looks opaque in actual elevation views.
    I used the glass elevation workaround with mass technique heavily.

However, when I upgrade projects to 2012, this method no longer works.

The masses are not transparent in elevation anymore. Any idea why, or how to fix this?

The only fix I have so far is to set the Mass category to 'Ghost Surfaces' in the view, but I no longer have granular control over the amount of transparency.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Elevation View Depth Work Around?

Login to Give a bone

My testing shows there are a couple of potential causes:
    1. Revit 2011 and Revit 2012 handle materials differently.
    - The purge wanted to eliminate the my custom Material created for my mass objects.
    - The purge also wanted to eliminate the Property Set that (in 2012) would be the source of the Material.
    2. For some reason, my masses become opaque in elevation view after the purge - but there IS a work-around.

The work-around is to adjust the size of the masses slightly in plan view. This forces a regen which makes the masses translucent again....at least in my test project.

Login to Give a bone

Dear all,

I am working on a goup housing project which has 6 types of unit which was placed to create floor layout for 5 towers. so we have created units 1-6 as group. created typical floor layout by calling loading these groups in new file named typical floor layout Tower$. and then linked this layout file to tower file and arrayed to create tower. see the attached pic. but we are facing problem in elevation

1 I used override graphics by element in layout file elevation to give view depth to elevation.
    2 but still facing problem with floor line in tower file( see the pic). i can't do join geometry in link file

Any suggestion to solve the problem. we dont want to issue elevation with floor line. its confusing.

Regards,
    Annie
    Attached Images Attached Images

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Attached is an elevation of a building with several view depth conditons. This took me about half hour to create and there still needs some embelshment (profile the building siloette, etc.) But the point I think the origional poster was making, when you have campus projects depth of view is important. So, it can be done. And it will take some work to get the settings correct and working with Duplicate view, etc.

What I did was make several Duplicate view of the same elevation and adjusted the crop region for each, selected the exterior obects and set the color "tone-age" value via the Override Graphics in View By Elements (make use of the filter tool to get what you want to adjust). For those things way in the background use Halftone. This can be adjusted in the Additional Settings under the Manage tab - we use OOTB settings - seems to work best. And then for the other we will adjust both the Projection Lines values and Surface Patterns values in the Override tool. Selecting the Colors adjustment we make use of the gray color (base setting is 128, 128 12. We adjust it from there to get the tones wanted. Seems to work for our Oce.

The one really cool thing is as you place the views on the sheet view Revit will look for Level alignment. It makes the process reall easy. From there it is a matter of snugging things up to each other. And I did make use of the Masking Region tool as I needed.

Like I said you will need to do some work. But in the scheme of things it is not bad. And the graphic communication is there.

I hope this is helpful,

John
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345