See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice on what I should learn to be marketable

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Need advice on what I should learn to be marketable

Quote Originally Posted by cadop.89229
    <SNIP>

I should say I have no drafting experience or education. Any suggestions??
    Hi

Take a look at the information offered in THIS post.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for everyone's help. I have found you can indeed glean lots of info from Augi, and industry blogs and tutorials. Anyone have online suggestions for drafting courses?? I feel I'm gaining a pretty good grasp of the AutoCAD program (2d only), but what I do at work is so basic, I need more challenge to develop design skills. My employer willing for me to use time at work to develop my skills, but, unfortunately don't have the program at home

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Need advice on what I should learn to be marketable

Quote Originally Posted by cadop.89229
    Thanks for everyone's help. I have found you can indeed glean lots of info from Augi, and industry blogs and tutorials. Anyone have online suggestions for drafting courses?? I feel I'm gaining a pretty good grasp of the AutoCAD program (2d only), but what I do at work is so basic, I need more challenge to develop design skills. My employer willing for me to use time at work to develop my skills, but, unfortunately don't have the program at home
    The only online drafting classes I have used would be the free ATP. nice fall lineup.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

There are some very good ways of learning at distance. First, a company called 4D technologies makes by far the best entry level training I have eve seen. You can sample it for FREE online. They can be viewed either by online, or by disk.
    Second, I would register at www.cadinstitute.com for a class. This way you can purchase a student addition of the AutoCAD of your choice for around $159.00

Login to Give a bone

Red face Re: Need advice on what I should learn to be marketable

Quote Originally Posted by Kenaslan
    for a class. This way you can purchase a student edition of the AutoCAD of your choice for around $159.00
    Please note that price is for Acad LT not full AutoCAD, and also very important to keep in mind that any educational version is ONLY for learning and it is illegal to use for real work (to help ensure that, any single entity created with an EDU version if opened with or copied/pasted into a full commercially licensed version of AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT, will bring along a plot stamp, so every plot you make declares a drawing to be made with an educational version).

Also, most colleges that offer CAD Classes have this type of software available through their tech department or book store, as long as you're registered for a related class with them.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer
    ...(to help ensure that, any single entity created with an EDU version if opened with or copied/pasted into a full commercially licensed version of AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT, will bring along a plot stamp, so every plot you make declares a drawing to be made with an educational version).....
    Keep in mind this stamp is NOT REMOVABLE. If you bring something from an educational version into a production file, the stamp WILL FOLLOW and infect all production drawings it touches. Be very carefull to not bring production drawings into an educational version.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12