Thread: Sheet Set Manager as a management tool

Login to Give a bone

Default Sheet Set Manager as a management tool

I've been trying to use SSM and get people around here familiar with some of the stuff it will do for them. Primarily simple stuff to date, but it's still a helpful too to organize a drawing set.

However, I've been looking for a way to print out a report of the sheet set contents, either from the SSM or from the dst.. the hierarchical display on screen is pretty close to what I want on paper (or in a usable electronic format, XML, HTML, Doc, ODF, whatever)

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do that? am I missing something, or is this a wish list item? Do i need to upgrade from 2006 to find the reporting features?

cheers!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Sheet Set Manager as a management tool

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag
    I've been trying to use SSM and get people around here familiar with some of the stuff it will do for them. Primarily simple stuff to date, but it's still a helpful too to organize a drawing set.

However, I've been looking for a way to print out a report of the sheet set contents, either from the SSM or from the dst.. the hierarchical display on screen is pretty close to what I want on paper (or in a usable electronic format, XML, HTML, Doc, ODF, whatever)

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do that? am I missing something, or is this a wish list item? Do i need to upgrade from 2006 to find the reporting features?

cheers!
    Try a screen capture?

I could stop if I wanted to Ogre's Avatar
    In the end, Cauliflower is just albino Broccoli
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag

cheers!
    The best way is to create a Custom program (VBA or .Net) that can extract the data from the SS to whatever for you want...Lee Ambrosious (sp?) is a master at the SS Object using VBA...Look up his class at last year's AU "CP15-1: Taking a look at the Sheet Set Object" in AU Online...That will help you out TREMENDOUSLY...I am trying to create a program that will automatically set up the drawings that we do, the SS, and the border information linked to the SS all in one shot...That class and a few e-mails to Lee and it all became clear...

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91
    Try a screen capture?
    A'yep -- been there, and it sorta works albeit badly. If all I had was 20-sheet sets I could probably fake a report with that, after editing out the excess cruft around the SSM in an image editor. (<alt-prt scrn> does not do a nice capture of the SSM, at least in w2k. )

But, with 100+ sheets, it's not possible to fit them on screen, and a screen capture doesn't let me either scroll to the bottom that wasn't on the screen or edit the info as text.

Login to Give a bone

Would this work?

Right-click on the Sheet Set, and select "Insert Sheet List Table...". Insert the table in your drawing. Select the table, right-click and select "Export...". This will create a CSV file of the sheet list table, which you can open in any text editor or Excel.

Login to Give a bone

Yeah, it will probably get by. I believe that the "Insert Sheet List Table" option is only available for the first sheet in the set though, which is not necessarily where I'll want it to end up.

It's also a rather kludgy workaround, sorta like flying from Orlando to Daytona Beach via a flight that connects in Atlanta with an extra stop in Jacksonville.