Thread: Text mysteriously on Layer 0, can't select to delete

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Text mysteriously on Layer 0, can't select to delete

I created a drawing with 2 tables, and eliminated the Title Block of the Table for space reasons. I used large font between the tables as a title, however, now I cannot select that text to edit it. My drawing only has 5 layers, and when I freeze layer 0, this text disappears. But I cannot select it. Does anyone know why?? Can I delete all objects on layer 0 somehow? These tables took a great deal of typing, I don't want to start over, and would kind of like to use this as a template.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Text mysteriously on Layer 0, can't select to delete

We have seen a few text mysteries here too. One method I'd try is to shift+a to select all, this seems to grab everything where as autocad won't select the text. Then move everything. undo back to where everything was. For some reason now you should be able to select the text.

If this resolves the issue, I have found that after this process, copy the previously troubled text and delete the original. Usually solves the issue. I have tried the audit command and it seems to fix the errors on drawings like these. But it moves the troubled text, all of them if multiple to 0,0,0. Really wierd. Hope this helps!

Login to Give a bone

This is one of those strange things with Autocad, if zero layer is frozen, defpoints are not selectable. Try to unfreeze all your layers, then move the stuff you are working with to another layer (not zero or defpoints). It *should* let you work with these entities agian.

Chris

Login to Give a bone

Maybe THIS THREAD will help, also.

You should be able to use filter to select all text, then you can remove the selectable entities from the selection set.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by wroebuck
    We have seen a few text mysteries here too. One method I'd try is to shift+a to select all, this seems to grab everything where as autocad won't select the text. Then move everything. undo back to where everything was. For some reason now you should be able to select the text.

If this resolves the issue, I have found that after this process, copy the previously troubled text and delete the original. Usually solves the issue. I have tried the audit command and it seems to fix the errors on drawings like these. But it moves the troubled text, all of them if multiple to 0,0,0. Really wierd. Hope this helps!

ThankYou, Thank You, Thank You!!!! I have messed with this all morning, select all and moving it worked, I was able to delete offending text. Don't know how you figured that out!
    Never had any object I couldn't select before.

Now I can use this as a template! YEA!!!!

Login to Give a bone

No problem. Yeah that took a while to figure out. We just noticed most of it over time after dealing with it.