Thread: Fieldbook verses point insertion

Login to Give a bone

Question Fieldbook verses point insertion

When I bring a field book into a drawing and it generates my line work it places the points into the correct position with the line work. No brainer, right? Now if for some reason I need to remove these points from the drawing and edit the descriptions and then reinsert them the points no longer match the line work. They are not off far (relatively speaking) but they do miss by a couple of feet. I do not change the coordinates or elevations in any way only the descriptions. I usually do this in Note Pad or Word if there are a lot of replacements. Anyone else ever have this happen? I am using LDD 2004 with the Civil and Survey Packs.
    Thanks for any feed back.
    Jim

Remember there are three kinds of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Fieldbook verses point insertion

Is there any chance that it is a US Survey Foot vs. International Foot issue?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Fieldbook verses point insertion

If the data were collected in feet or international feet the text file created by the data collector would be in the same units and should come in at the same place as the points created by the raw data file that was converted to the field book. Even if that were wrong the proration factor for the data in this area would only make a difference of about 0.64' in a mile. This job is in a quarter section or 1/4 of a mile by 1/4 of a mile square and I am missing by over two feet in a north-south only direction. I have never had this problem before so may be it is just one of those glitches that happens once in a while. I do appreciate the feedback though.
    Thanks