Thread: I have points, since I make a surface with these points?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation I have points, since I make a surface with these points?

hello! thank you very much to all the people who responded to my call, finally already I could place points, the indispensable element in civilian 3d are the points? I believe that if unless somebody dissipates the doubt to me, good I interpret asi, with points I can define a land that I create, either concerns points with data X, and, Z(elevacion) in fact contains the information, I put them in a group and or but or the less me salio, now my doubt is since I make a surface on the basis of those points that or I have? if I can use the points that define the land? as the surface with those points can be done that estan in a group and contain X, and, z if it can or that I must do? if somebody can help agradecere muchisimo me, I must just a short time to be able to make the surface, and despues the contours of the surface... somebody can help me? them control the points that I already have in civilian 3d, is a file DWG where it places the points I hope that somebody can help me to greetings, if somebody has the will and to help agradecere much me, I have just a short time and I need to know if with those points or in civilian 3d I can do to a surface and contours, or not it can? that I must do? please ayudenme! this sega2002@hotmail.com is my mail thanks for everything
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: I have points, since I make a surface with these points?

I think you are asking for help creating the surface and contours. I created the surface for you using the TERRENO NATURAL point group.

You do not create contours like you would in Land Desktop. Instead you have to change the surface style. Your drawing did not have any surface styles or contour label styles so I needed to add them from one of the templates.

Here are the steps I took:

Opened drawing
    Right-click on Surfaces in the Prospector
    Select New (TIN type = TIN surface, name = TERRENO NATURAL, all other settings left at default values)
    Pick the + next to TERRENO NATURAL
    Pick the + next to Definitions under TERRENO NATURAL
    Right-click on Point Group and select add
    Select the TERRENO NATURAL point group

The surface is now built. It will show in your drawing as a border because the default surface style is standard. You need to get more styles into your drawing.

I opened the _Autodesk Civil 3D (Metric) NCS Classic template. Then switched to the Settings tab in the toolspace. Switched to Master View at the top so I could see the surface drawing and the template. Then I dragged and dropped surface and contour label styles from the template to the drawing.

Once the styles are in your drawing right-click on the surface and pick Surface Properties. You can change the style here. I changed it to Contours 1m and 5m (background).

Another option for getting styles into your drawing would be to create a new drawing from the template then insert your point group. I think this will work.

You should always use a Civil 3D template when you create a new drawing. Then the styles will be available to you from the start.

I posted the drawing for you since you sounded like you were in a hurry.
    Attached Files Attached Files