Thread: Shortcut Menus in partial cui's

Login to Give a bone

Default Shortcut Menus in partial cui's

My scenario is as follows. I have an office of over 150 users with about 15 teams each. Most use a default profile and will be using ADT 2006. Most use the profile to run ADT as AutoCAD, however a few teams use the ADT profile - each of which has their own workspace. Some teams have custom content and commands for their team. This will require a seperate profile and workspace for each custom build (yes a seperate profile for each team since different teams point to different content locations).

In my infinite lazyness I thought it would be best to use one menu setup for all the different profiles and then simply use workspaces/profiles to control what is active and being used. However it would seem that when I use the ADT.cui as the Enterprise with the autocad, express tools and other *.cui files loaded as partial *.cui's in the ADT.cui that the Shortcut Menus for AutoCAD are disabled even when using an AutoCAD workspace/profile. Am I correct in my assesment that in order for the Shortcut Menus to work properly, they must be part of the menu that is fully loaded?
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Shortcut Menus in partial cui's

IIRC, the 2006 CUI had an issue where all shortcut menus had to be placed in one CUI file, I can't remember if it was the first or last. Any shortcut menus in any other CUI were ignored. There were lots of other issues, too. The CUI is extremely problematic even in 2007, and it was nearly unusable in 2006.

BTW, profiles and workspaces are unrelated. Workspaces exist in CUI files. Profiles mainly contain paths and various other items from the OPTIONS. You can use Profiles to control which CUI files get loaded, but Workspaces have no direct connection to Profiles. A single CUI file can have multiple Workspaces in it.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by richards.64879
    IIRC, the 2006 CUI had an issue where all shortcut menus had to be placed in one CUI file, I can't remember if it was the first or last. Any shortcut menus in any other CUI were ignored. There were lots of other issues, too. The CUI is extremely problematic even in 2007, and it was nearly unusable in 2006.
    That's what I figured the case was. Buggers. Shoulda known it wouldn't have been that easy.

BTW, profiles and workspaces are unrelated. Workspaces exist in CUI files. Profiles mainly contain paths and various other items from the OPTIONS. You can use Profiles to control which CUI files get loaded, but Workspaces have no direct connection to Profiles. A single CUI file can have multiple Workspaces in it.
    I realize there is no direct link between them in a programing sense. I was thinking more along the lines of an association since the profile will load the proper workspace. There is however a connection when you are working with the *.aws file associated with the profile which is different from the multitudes of workspaces I'll end up with for my multitudes of teams.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

When you say "shortcut menu" are you talking about POP0 or the POP50? menus

POP0 can be in any CUI file in all releases.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

<SNIP>

Hi

Sorry, that statement is not quite true in relationship to AutoCAD 2006 ( and vertical based products )... take a look at TS1056204 found HERE.

Have a good one, Mike