Thread: Handling Addendums

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Handling Addendums

I was looking for any information that anyone might have already discovered when it comes time to issue an addendum in Revit. For instance if I am using a 34x44 title block and I have one of my floor plans on a sheet (lets say A101) and now I need to reuse that same floor plan but put it on a new sheet (8 1/2 x 11) to show the changes. The reason this happens quite a bit is because it is easier to get a 8 1/2 X 11 passed around to everyone that needs to see the change rather then a full size sheet. Any suggestions?

I could stop if I wanted to Paul Monsef's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Handling Addendums

Well you could do it a couple ways.
    One would be to complete all the changes, then "duplicate the view w/ detailing" and place that view on the 8.5x11 sheet.
    Another might be to do a callout of the view.

Hope that helps.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

In other words... there's no elegant way. There was another post about this awhile back that might help.

Login to Give a bone

But when you do that now you all these different views and your project browser ends up getting so long......when you duplicate the view after the changes are made then that view will not update any longer, correct? Is there a way to add an addendum section to the project browser?

Login to Give a bone

Could you guys point me to the post on this topic, didn't mean to post it again. Just signed up and it is a little cumbersome to navigate around here, still getting used to it

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

This is a long thread but worth the read. It has a lot of good suggestions. This is one tool that I think the developers need to start looking into. As great as Revit is, changes still take place during bidding and in the field which warrant clarification and addendum drawings. We are human afterall.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...ting+addendums

Login to Give a bone

Thank you, I'll dig through this.

I could stop if I wanted to Paul Monsef's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jmessner
    But when you do that now you all these different views and your project browser ends up getting so long......when you duplicate the view after the changes are made then that view will not update any longer, correct? Is there a way to add an addendum section to the project browser?
    You can manage the project browser if you use the "Browser Organization" and place all the "Addendums" in their own container. See the attached.

When you duplicate a view, the model elements will update while the sheet specific elements do not.

I'm working on a project done in AutoCAD a while back, done by someone who is no longer with the firm. Creating addendums in AutoCAD is no more graceful i assure you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time robert.manna's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I don't know how large your project is, however we have recently decided that in order to make sure that Construction Administration (CA) progresses smoothly on any of our large Revit projects, that at the end of Constrution Documents (CD) we will export the entire drawing set as DWG, and do any clean-up as required. Therefore we will have a full 2D set that can be easily manipulated in a crunch if Revit's "quirks" are holding us back or otherwise causing problems. We intend to continue to make use of Revit (and my reccomendation is to continue to issue all sheets out of Revit, if file speed doesn't become an issue with morel linked DWG's) but based on what we've seen so far, we just can't rely on Revit during CA right now.

-R