Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plotter Manager - access denied (Code is 5)

Login to Give a bone

Default Plotter Manager - access denied (Code is 5)

Hello, hopefully someone here can answer my question, as I have googled it to death. When I have my drawing open in model or layout and go to file, plotter manager- I get an error code of sorts. Says access denied (Code is 5). Anyone have any clues. I have also searched the knowledge base on Autodesk to no avail. Thanks for your time.

Don

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Plotter Manager - access denied (Code is 5)

Hi

Do you have access / permission to the actual directory / folder Plotter Manager is attempting to open ?

The below location stores the directory / folder Plotter Manager is attempting to open...

Options -> Files tab -> Printer Support Search Path -> Printer Configuration Search Path

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Plotter Manager - access denied (Code is 5)

Hi, I navigated to the link and the application data folder is shaded out. I unchecked the make folder hidden, but I get the same result. I also get this message when I click on plot style manager. Funny, there are two icons in my control panel for plotter and plot style and I can open them in this way, just not through Autocad-file-plottermanager or plot style manager. thanks for your help.

Don

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dgriff2
    Hi, I navigated to the link and the application data folder is shaded out. I unchecked the make folder hidden, but I get the same result. I also get this message when I click on plot style manager. Funny, there are two icons in my control panel for plotter and plot style and I can open them in this way, just not through Autocad-file-plottermanager or plot style manager.
    Hi

What is the actual path set to, is it something like...

C:\Documents and Settings\<UserNameHere>\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2005\R16.1\enu\Plotters ?

Purely in the name of science, what happens if you set Printer Configuration Search Path to something else eg

C:\AutoCAD_Test\Plotters

Do you still experience the same issue / problem or does it now work ?

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Hi Mike, thanks for trying. I have changed it to several different folders, and get the same message. Do you think a windows service has changed? I can still plot to windows printers but can only set a plotter up through the control panel.
    Don

Login to Give a bone

I have changed it to several different folders, and get the same message. Do you think a windows service has changed? I can still plot to windows printers but can only set a plotter up through the control panel.
    Hi

Pass.

Are you able to Plot to the AutoCAD .PC3 Plot Configuration files, currently available to yourself ?

Have you always experienced this issue / problem ?

If no, when did it start eg

* Software upgrade / New software installed ( especially stuff like Registry cleaners; Anti-Virus ).

* Hardware upgrade.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Mike, I really don't know when it happened. I do have the plot to pc.3 listed. I installed Registry mechanic about a month ago. That may have something to do with, but I wouldn't know what to check. I have also performed a reinstall through the add/remove in control panel, but same result. Thanks

Don

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Mike, I really don't know when it happened. I do have the plot to pc.3 listed. I installed Registry mechanic about a month ago. That may have something to do with, but I wouldn't know what to check. I have also performed a reinstall through the add/remove in control panel, but same result.
    Hi

Registry cleaners are notorious at causing havoc with AutoCAD installtions... I personally learnt that lesson the hard-way a couple of years ago.

If a Repair / Install of AutoCAD did not fix the issue / problem, you may have to try completely uninstalling AutoCAD, then (re)install AutoCAD...

ID: TS45252 - Remove all Autodesk software products from system to ensure clean installation

A well written Registry cleaner should allow you ( have an option ) to exclude areas of the Registry to scan / clean / repair / etc.

Have a good one, Mike
    Last edited by Mike.Perry; 2007-06-17 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Link updated.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Perry
    Hi

Registry cleaners are notorious at causing havoc with AutoCAD installtions...

FWIW, it seems to me that one of the problems is that registry cleaners do not understand relative paths; they see them as broken. Unfortunately, acad uses relative paths for some of its registry values.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Mike and John. I have uninstalled registry mechanic and will uninstall acad this evening. I'll post the outcome shortly. Have a good evening-- or-- morning.

Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast