Thread: Spelling mistakes in Revit? POST 'EM HERE

Revit Arch. Wishlist Mgr. Wes Macaulay's Avatar

Exclamation Spelling mistakes in Revit? POST 'EM HERE

With the purpose of improving Revit's interface and documention, please post any spelling mistakes in Revit's help files or interface in this thread, which I'll keep stuck in this forum.

I'll go first:
    Tools > Project Position/Orientation > Rotate Project North...

The dialog says it will rotate all model objects, etc. in "non-draftong views".

I could stop if I wanted to Mike Hardy-Brown's Avatar

Default Re: Spelling mistakes in Revit? POST 'EM HERE

At the bottom of the Room Area html export, you find:
    ...........All triangles in the triangulation are right-angled and their areas is calculated as 0.5 * c1 * c2, where c1, c2are catets of the traingle. Areas of sectors is calculated as 0.5 * r * r * (a - sin(a)), where r and a is the radius of the arc and the angle of the arc correspondigly

All AUGI, all the time

Accesible is spelled incorrectly (Accessible) in the Parking Space - ADA family.

So will you tackle syntax inconsistencies also?
    • Either Title Case, Sentence Case, Upper Case or Lower Case would be fine. But how about selecting one only? Rename all in the Project Browser to All.

Oh, well. I suppose we have better things to do than obsess over this kind of thing. But I'd change it if I could...

I could stop if I wanted to jspartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hardy-Brown
    At the bottom of the Room Area html export, you find:
    ...........All triangles in the triangulation are right-angled and their areas are calculated as 0.5 * c1 * c2, where c1, c2are catets of the traingle. Areas of sectors are calculated as 0.5 * r * r * (a - sin(a)), where r and a is the radius of the arc and the angle of the arc correspondigly
    Also, when there is a plural form of a word you use "are" not "is".

Example:

Bad: Mistakes is in blue.
    Good: Mistakes are in blue.

Also, anyone else notice how modeling is spelled "modelling" everywhere? This is the UK English version of the word, like color and colour.
    Last edited by jspartz; 2007-01-11 at 07:54 PM.

In save as options, you can check the box to "make this the Central location after save".
    For the sake of clarity, this should be changed to say, "make this file a central location after save" (because you could, of course, have as many central files as necessary). I know it's technically not a type-o, but it is certainly something that would be greatly improved by some clarity.
    Thanks,
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by phyllisr
    ...Rename all in the Project Browser to All...
    For consistency's sake we might as well change not on sheet to Not On Sheet then...

In the help file, in the section titled "Area Type Rules", the second table displays information about Rentable Area Scheme Types but is titled "Gross Building Area Scheme Types", just like the first table which is titled correctly.

All AUGI, all the time

In the file that controls the export settings from Revit to AutoCAD (exportlayers-dwg-AIA.text), I found the following errors.

Nurse Call Device Tags and Nurse Call Devices export to NIRSE-CALL-DEVICES.
    Security Device Tags and Security Devices export to SECUTITY-DEVICES

There are other standard export layers that appear inconsistent with the AutoCAD AIA standard but since that is not spelling, I will save it for another post.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post

"Hierarchy" in the Prop Menu is spelled "Hierachry" and in the Project Browser "Hierachy"

All AUGI, all the time

Snarky, Ebenezer Scrooge “Bah, Humbug,” comment for the day…

Why bother?

I posted the problem with the spelling error in the parking stall family in December, 2006. We are now in Revit 2012 and it is still wrong.

Finally, in Revit 2012, Nurse and Security are spelled correctly but only because the entire interface for exporting CAD files changed and the .txt file no longer exists. It was still wrong in Revit 2011. Now, even with that fixed, the AIA standard layer export is full of errors and non-standard layer names.

Even worse, there are issues with information that is simply wrong or seriously misleading. In the attached clip, the type property does not affect all instances of the family, it affects all instances of the family type. A fine distinction but an important one.

Do not even get me started on the egregious problems with grammar, punctuation, syntax and formatting in support documentation and selected dialog boxes…

Two quotes come to mind.

• John Adams from the old musical, 1776, “Is anybody there? Does anybody care? Does anybody see what I see?”
    • Dante Alighieri from the Divine Comedy, “All hope abandon ye who enter here.”
    Attached Images Attached Images