Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removing Sheet Set Link from a Drawing

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Removing Sheet Set Link from a Drawing

Quote Originally Posted by mboyer
    Once you've created a sheet set, is there a way to un-associate the sheet set from a drawing for the purpose of being able to select the same drawing to get it's layout for a new sheet set?
    ok, i do something like this for my standard front end sheets and the schedules sheet. the only thing is, i don't have any linked views, just fields. and when i got the templates how i needed them, i did what Rich said, Remove Sheet from the template SSM so you don't get errors when importing them into your new SSM. i don't think there's a way to have them permanently linked with all the pathing issues that the SSM uses.

what i have set up is a 'template' directory that contains our standard file structure and these drawings. once i have copied these files to the new project folder and opened up Acad(2006), i start a 'new' ssm and use the SSM template option. once i have all my info, i then use the 'import sheets' option for under the subsets i'm using.

for my schedule sheet, all i have to do is re-associate the tables to the new files once they are created. (room finish schedule and door schedule)

for anything that requires linked views, i don't bother so i can avoid that massive headache. with the easy way 2006 can drag n drop the views, it's just way easer once the sheets are in place.
    Last edited by Chris.N; 2006-10-14 at 01:06 PM.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Ok, so let me see if I got this right. In my current Prototype Sheet Set (PSS), I should create template files for each sheet. Once created, remove the sheets from the PSS. Then, when I create a new Sheet Set, select the template files that are no longer associated w/ the PSS.

My name is Marc by the way. Thanks for all the advice. I've been working in cad for about 10 years now and just recently became the CAD Manager for a firm w/ about 50 cad users. You'll be hearing a lot from me!!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mboyer
    Ok, so let me see if I got this right. In my current Prototype Sheet Set (PSS), I should create template files for each sheet. Once created, remove the sheets from the PSS. Then, when I create a new Sheet Set, select the template files that are no longer associated w/ the PSS.

My name is Marc by the way. Thanks for all the advice. I've been working in cad for about 10 years now and just recently became the CAD Manager for a firm w/ about 50 cad users. You'll be hearing a lot from me!!
    yeah, once you have the SSM and the files (sheet titles and misc fields) working properly, remove the proto sheets from the SSM, move your SSM file to your 'template' directory, and also your proto sheets to a write protected location. you will just copy these to the new project and then import.

i'm in a similar boat. been cadding for 13 or so. they're not ready to call me a cad manager yet, so i'm stuck with a 'facilitator' type of moniker.... it makes me feel like a midwife of sorts, but i'll take whatever they give me for a more interesting job....
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

and nice to meet you Marc!

S&D DB Sharing Forum

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks!! I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12