Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 19 inch Monitor and CAD

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 19 inch Monitor and CAD

Opie,

Did you use your monitor adjustments to change the vertical size? I assume you are using a CRT monitor.

Login to Give a bone

My graphics card has one DVI port and one VGA port. I originally had the DVI connected to the LCD panel and the VGA to the CRT. I have since swapped the two via a DVI to VGA adaptor that came with the card. I can now use the larger resolution.

Thanks, Jeff, for the help.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Design Visualization Moderator stusic's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chad_C
    since we are discussing monitors - i have a somewhat uninformed question. i currently have a dell something-or-other 19" LCD monitor that is excellent (if only i could afford one for home ). we have some extra CRT's sitting around, and im dying for a dual monitor set up. can i mix and match monitors to run a dual rig? i know the vid card (Quatro FX 540) can run dual monitors, just not sure how it works with an LCD and a CRT.
    Sure you can, as long as you have the appropriate inputs on your g/c. I run a 19" LCD (for Outlook and web browsing and such) along with a 22" CRT (for CAD). The work beautifully together.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chad_C
    since we are discussing monitors - i have a somewhat uninformed question. i currently have a dell something-or-other 19" LCD monitor that is excellent (if only i could afford one for home ). we have some extra CRT's sitting around, and im dying for a dual monitor set up. can i mix and match monitors to run a dual rig? i know the vid card (Quatro FX 540) can run dual monitors, just not sure how it works with an LCD and a CRT.
    You should have no real problem VGA/RGBHV is the same on a CRT and LCD. The only thing you need to remember is a LCD is a fixed maximum resolution whereas a CRT really does not. Set your LCD to it's maximum resolution, and then match your CRT as close as you can. Also set you refresh rate a bit higher on you CRT. 1024x768 should have a refreash rate @ 75hz as an example.

Login to Give a bone

I work on a 24" monitor now..i did have two 19" montiors at the other office i was at..and i loved the duels gave me that workspace one side and toolbars on the other. But this 24" monitor has been different, alot more space even though like another said I cant get the resolution any higher than 1600 x 1024. Otherwise no real complaints.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12