Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Field Format Settings

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Field Format Settings

Thanx for the link. I had already seen those threads and downloaded the zip, which works just fine. Despite having found possibilities, it's difficult to use the examples to create an attibute block of my own. In my office, we need a block that will display several lines of info (ceiling height, raw slab altitudes, wall, floor and ceiling finishings) including 2 automatic lines which would be the area (linked to a polyline) and the room number (automatically incrementing).
    Every time I find a file that does one of these, it's totally impossible to have both in the same block. I think it's to do with the fact that you have to have all the schedule data formats and blablabla in the same file. Man, I wish there was a simple way to do this. It seems to be pretty easy in progs like archicad or vectorworks. It's pretty amazing that the CAD leader hasn't proposed a way to do this easily!
    At the moment I'm testing ACAD2008 for the office but I have a feeling I won't have enough trial days to figure out this procedure!
    In any case, thanx a million for your help (all of you) and feel free to add anything comes along!!

Login to Give a bone

Having said all that, I found a add-on or rather a lisp file that does this sort of thing. If anyone is interested. It's not exactly what I need, but it comes pretty close!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by casey2005 View Post
    Thanx for the link. I had already seen those threads and downloaded the zip, which works just fine. Despite having found possibilities, it's difficult to use the examples to create an attibute block of my own. In my office, we need a block that will display several lines of info (ceiling height, raw slab altitudes, wall, floor and ceiling finishings) including 2 automatic lines which would be the area (linked to a polyline) and the room number (automatically incrementing).
    Every time I find a file that does one of these, it's totally impossible to have both in the same block. I think it's to do with the fact that you have to have all the schedule data formats and blablabla in the same file. Man, I wish there was a simple way to do this. It seems to be pretty easy in progs like archicad or vectorworks. It's pretty amazing that the CAD leader hasn't proposed a way to do this easily!
    At the moment I'm testing ACAD2008 for the office but I have a feeling I won't have enough trial days to figure out this procedure!
    In any case, thanx a million for your help (all of you) and feel free to add anything comes along!!
    I am not seeing anything in your description that could not be handled by Property Data. If you must use polylines as the base object on which you hang your properties and data, more information would have to be manually input for each room than if you were using spaces, but you should be able to do what you want (including auto-incrementing room numbers).

Login to Give a bone

Thanks David, since this is driving me way crazier than it should (and I'm the IT dude in my office), I'm going to suggest a gradual upgrade to 2008. Hopefully it'll all start falling together a bit faster!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12