Thread: Revit developers are you listening?

I could stop if I wanted to Maximillian's Avatar

Default Revit developers are you listening?

I DO NOT WANT TO USE ACCURENDER AND I DO NOT WANT TO USE AN EXTRA APPLICATION TO RENDER.
    -NEED FULL REALTIME 3D THAT SHOW TEXTURE.
    NEED A -NOT BROKEN- RENERING ENGIN. Acctually ( Sorry caps off) We need a really outstanding rendering engin. Mental ray on auto cad is good but there are no options to control it. need shaders, realtime textures and YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO.

Family editor- The brickes are laid for a good family editor- now all you have to do is integrate a push/pull sketchup style editor (NOT like ACAD push/pull) and show in some solid shapes and planes.

now I am yelling-> IF YOU DO NOT MAKE A PROPETIES AREA THAT IS INTEGRATED IN THE VIEW OF THE APPLICATION LIKE A TOOL BAR, THEM I AM GOING TO GET "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" SEE the AUDIO APPLICATION "ableton live" for ergonomics. I REALLY DONT THINK WE NEED 5 WINDOWS THAT ALL BLOK THE SCREEN JUST TO CHANGE A SETTING.

Dont get me wrong. I really like revit, better then the other junk out, but you have got to a step further, SEE THE FORMER "ALIAS SOFWARE" INTERFACE SUCH AS MAYA OR ALIAS STUDIO.
    I Could tell you alll of the things that I like about revit but I wont because i was up till the sun came up dealing with render drama.

FINAL WORD.......DO THESE THINGS WITH ABSOLUTE INTEGREITY AND FORETHOUGHT.....do NOT JUST THROW POORLY WRITEN FEATURES IN TO KIND OF MAKE IT KIND OF OK........DO IT RIGHT AND IT WILL JUST BE NATURAL FOR PEOPLE AND THE MARKET WILL REWARD YOU. GO BIG BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES, NOW OR NEVER. I EXPECT GREAT THINGS.............

THATS IT

Default Re: Revit developers are you listening?

I've heard LOUD rumors that these things are already in the works, but take time to DO RIGHT.

I could stop if I wanted to jspartz's Avatar

Default Re: Revit developers are you listening?

I heard they were working on integrating MentalRay at a convention. I don't know when it will be available.

By the way, I totally agree with the comment about the properties box. I'd like to see the information in a pane like in AutoCAD.