Thread: Unable to add content to Tool Palettes in AutoCAD 2007, originally created in 2006

Login to Give a bone

Default Unable to add content to Tool Palettes in AutoCAD 2007, originally created in 2006

I am having a slight problem. I created a standard tool palette and saved it on our company's server for everyone to access. I created them in ACAD 06 and set them to read only, we are now using 07 and I am now trying to add content to the palettes, and I cannot. I have taken the read only off, I have tried copying them to my c:\ and changing them there no dice. I even fired up ACAD 06 and tried to do it from there, still no dice. I have also tried to repair my ACAD 07 install, still no dice. By now I am using deep breathing techniques to save my sanity. Anyone out there experience this / have a clue why ACAD seems to hate me? Any suggestions are appreciated and I would like to thank everyone for their time in advance.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Unable to add content to Tool Palettes in AutoCAD 2007, originally created in 2006

Quote Originally Posted by marklabell
    I am having a slight problem. ... I created them in ACAD 06 and set them to read only, we are now using 07 and I am now trying to add content to the palettes, and I cannot.

Any suggestions are appreciated
    Have you seen this thread?
    http://discussion.autodesk.com/threa...sageID=5122116

...and maybe this one (last post)
    http://discussion.autodesk.com/threa...sageID=5167631
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Unable to add content to Tool Palettes in AutoCAD 2007, originally created in 2006

Hi Mark

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD General forum to this one, as I feel this particular forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Take a look at the following thread...

Are Tool Palettes Compatible with 2006 & 2007

Have a good one, Mike
    Last edited by Mike.Perry; 2006-10-27 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Link fixed.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Rkmcswain and Mike for the threads, they got my brain thinking. For some reason I have to start a completely blank tool palette location (i.e. in my c drive), then I can create new palettes and add all the blocks, commands whatever my heart pleases. Then all I have to do is copy the new .atc file, and all the image files associated to the server palette location, then change my palette path back to the server and presto, they are there. Kind of a ten step process, but at least I do not have to completely start over. But if I copy the whole server palette into my c:, I can't modify it. Figure that one out! Actually you don't have to but seems weird huh?