Thread: Survey 2006

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Survey 2006

I work for a University that had an umbrella license for all Autodesk products. I had Autodesk Survey 2006 loaded on my computer to do some co-go work. However when I went to use the software it informed me that I had to have Land Development Desktop loaded first. Long story short, the umbrella license was not renewed for this academic year so I no longer have the legal authority to use the product. In trying to use the control panel to remove the program the same message pops up. How can I remove this software now since I do not have access to LDD?

I could stop if I wanted to Sammie's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Survey 2006

Quote Originally Posted by wpalmer
    I work for a University that had an umbrella license for all Autodesk products. I had Autodesk Survey 2006 loaded on my computer to do some co-go work. However when I went to use the software it informed me that I had to have Land Development Desktop loaded first. Long story short, the umbrella license was not renewed for this academic year so I no longer have the legal authority to use the product. In trying to use the control panel to remove the program the same message pops up. How can I remove this software now since I do not have access to LDD?
    have you tried doing an uninstall of the program on your computer??

Login to Give a bone

Yes, I have done it several times and each time I get a dialog box saying I have to have LDD installed before proceeding! Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Did you get a reply to how to UNINSTALL Survey without LDD installed?

All AUGI, all the time brian.hailey933139's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Knowledgbase article TS45252 will instruct you on how to completely remove all Autodesk software on your computer. This will force the uninstall. Unfortunately, this will also uninstall all Autodesk software.

HERE

Autodesk likes to mess with their website every once in a while so the link may not last. Search for the article by number if necessary.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Brian, been working on this most of the evening, trying to clean the registry UGH! I found a "Windows Install Clean Up" download from a microsoft knowledge base article. Seem to do the trick. All traces of autocad are gone. Now I can do a clean install and not see all the stranded licenses in "Add & Remove Software"