See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Educational copy Plot Stamp

Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: Educational copy Plot Stamp

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain
    Quit using content created with educational versions of AutoCAD for commercial uses.
    That will solve it, guaranteed.
    Good point, and I agree.
    However....sometimes you have to work with what you're handed to meet a deadline and it's out of your control.

I consider this like any other work-around. If someone's done something wrong or screwed up a file and you need to work with it, you need a solution.

Then slap thier hand, and tell them to provide it in the correct format next time!

Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: Educational copy Plot Stamp

Quote Originally Posted by tedg
    Good point, and I agree.
    However....sometimes you have to work with what you're handed to meet a deadline and it's out of your control.

I consider this like any other work-around. If someone's done something wrong or screwed up a file and you need to work with it, you need a solution.

Then slap thier hand, and tell them to provide it in the correct format next time!
    I hear what you are saying and agree in principal, but in my workplace (and I would guess most others) -- If you get an EDU drawing - the work would STOP right then until we figure out where it came from, etc. We don't need the EDU plot stamp polluting other drawings.

If a consultant sent it to you, either they are using an EDU version or someone they are working with is. The blame ultimately lies with the firm that provided the drawing to you. There is no excuse today for allowing EDU users to generate commercial content, and to use and pass this stuff on.
    Last edited by rkmcswain; 2007-05-11 at 01:07 PM.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Educational copy Plot Stamp

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain
    I hear what you are saying and agree in principal, but in my workplace (and I would guess most others) -- If you get an EDU drawing - the work would STOP right then until we figure out where it came from, etc. We don't need the EDU plot stamp polluting other drawings.

If a consultant sent it to you, either they are using an EDU version or someone they are working with is. The blame ultimately lies with the firm that provided the drawing to you. There is no excuse today for allowing EDU users to generate commercial content, and to use and pass this **** on.
    I totally agree.
    In a perfect world, everyone would follow the rules and the cadd standards set fourth.

It should definately be one of those things written into the company procedures and enforced when not followed.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the info...It worked
    I might add that the polluted dwg was in fact a school site plan, so an EDU version is valid??

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ian.184666 View Post
    Thanks for the info...It worked
    I might add that the polluted dwg was in fact a school site plan, so an EDU version is valid??
    Short answer? NO

EDU is for students to learn Acad commands. not to generate construction plans for educational facilities. If they want to go cheap - there are alternatives from other vendors

Login to Give a bone

Hello, I also have a plot stamp problem. Mine is a little different, though. I have an educational version I was using at home when I was in school. Now that I am employed with a drafting firm, my boss has allowed me to take one of the company's commercial versions to use at home. The problem is that when I uninstall the educational version, and install the commercial version, the drawings are still tagged with the plot stamp. I have made sure to delete all Autodesk files, and have even gone into the registry and cleaned those files out as well, but no matter what I do, I can't get rid of the stamp. Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this, short of wiping the OS clean and starting fresh?

Thanks to anyone who can help.
    AFoster

Login to Give a bone

after you wipe the OS and replace it, DO NOT restore any dwg files -- it one is infected, you'll start the whole rigamarole over again -- which is likely what happened to you after removing the EDU version and installing the commercial.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for your reply, cadtag.

When I originally uninstalled the edu version, and replaced it with the commercial, it automatically tagged it as educational. I never got a chance to restore any previous drawings.

I haven't wiped the OS as of yet. I am hoping to only have to do that as a last resort.

Thanks again for your reply.

AFoster
    Last edited by AFoster; 2008-09-29 at 10:41 PM.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

JUST SAVE YOUR DRAWING TO DXF AND THE EDUCATION PLOT STAMP WILL BE GONE WHEN YOU CLOSE THE DRAWING AND PROMPT YOU TO SAVE JUST PRESS NO I HOPE IT CAN HELP

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by norman.villanueva965519 View Post
    JUST SAVE YOUR DRAWING TO DXF AND THE EDUCATION PLOT STAMP WILL BE GONE WHEN YOU CLOSE THE DRAWING AND PROMPT YOU TO SAVE JUST PRESS NO I HOPE IT CAN HELP
    Congrats on your first post!
    A couple suggestions:
    Please read the forum etiquette sheet, specifically about writing posts in ALL CAPS.
    Also, this question has been answered a long time ago, with the same solution you provided as well as some others such as to not use "edu" versions of acad for commercial use. It was not necessary to answer this post with the same solution unless you can supply more information or a new solution.

Again, Congratulations on your first post, hope to see you around,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast