Thread: LDT 2007 project data

Login to Give a bone

Default LDT 2007 project data

We have recently upgraded to LDT 2007 and have noticed that somehow projects have been duplicating themselves in other folders that are 2007 projects. See attached pdf. Anyone else having this problem.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: LDT 2007 project data

Are you sure you don't have some users who are setting their "Project Folder" to G:\CIVIL\67453006 and then creating their projects.

I have many users who either do not know how to use or do not understand (probably both) Project Manager and we end up with the same problem.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

We have the same problem in every project that we have started using 2007. So it is not just this project path. Thanks for the reply.

I could stop if I wanted to Ammon's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus
    We have the same problem in every project that we have started using 2007. So it is not just this project path. Thanks for the reply.
    Like R.K. said. This looks very similar to problems that I have had with people not understanding the project manager and how to use it.

It looks like they are selecting the project where they should be selecting the project path and it creates the extra project folders inside the project.

The project path is where all of the projects are found. Next comes the list of projects, and then the list of drawing paths, then the list of drawings.

Login to Give a bone

We have 7 projects going in LDT2007. I created all of the original LDT project folders so no one is creating projects. It is simply copying a project folder that exist in a different path to other paths that are 2007 projects. I am working with everyone on the teams to double check their methods of opening files. These same users were working on 04 without this problem so it is hard problem for me to figure out. We are seeing this in a few of our offices across the firm.

Thanks for your reply!

I could stop if I wanted to Ammon's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus
    We have 7 projects going in LDT2007. I created all of the original LDT project folders so no one is creating projects. It is simply copying a project folder that exist in a different path to other paths that are 2007 projects. I am working with everyone on the teams to double check their methods of opening files. These same users were working on 04 without this problem so it is hard problem for me to figure out. We are seeing this in a few of our offices across the firm.

Thanks for your reply!
    LDT creates the project folders when you use the Project Manager to open a drawing, if those folders are not located in the project folder specified in the Manager. Again, if it is creating these folders it is most likely because someone is using the Project Manager erroneously even if they did the same thing in 04. That is the only explanation I can think of for LDT creating those folders.

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Did you check the sdsk.dfm files on each user's machine? Make sure the path settings are the same in the PM like Ammon suggested. It sounds like some of your users are not looking at the Project Settings when opening a drawing, or they are using a different default Prototype. This one gets missed alot!
    Mark Hultgren
    Just a Lurker
    http://www.MKW-Ind.com
    Blog
    Socializing??