Thread: Adding Scheme to Color Scheme

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Adding Scheme to Color Scheme

Is it possible to add schemes to the Edit Color Scheme dialog box. Currently, I can only choose from: Area, Area Type, Name, and Perimeter.

How is the edit scheme/legend tied into the Area Tags (or is it)? Do I need to add a shared parameter in the tag in order to be able to do this? Because I tried this. I tried modifying the area tag to include a Label "# of Bedroom" which I assigned a parameter. This didn't work because when I added the new tag to the project, I wasn't able to edit the "# of Bedroom" and it only showed a "?" in red (meaning I couldn't modify in the project).

What the end result is that we would like to color our plans by # of Bedrooms in a Unit.

My brain is fried...hope i made some sense.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Adding Scheme to Color Scheme

Quote Originally Posted by nnguyen
    Is it possible to add schemes to the Edit Color Scheme dialog box. Currently, I can only choose from: Area, Area Type, Name, and Perimeter.
    if I understood you correctly, then the answer is yes. Just duplicate the view, and you can have as many as you like...

How is the edit scheme/legend tied into the Area Tags (or is it)? Do I need to add a shared parameter in the tag in order to be able to do this? Because I tried this. I tried modifying the area tag to include a Label "# of Bedroom" which I assigned a parameter.
    The legend isn't perse tied to area tags, but the legend is created based on the info found in area....

This didn't work because when I added the new tag to the project, I wasn't able to edit the "# of Bedroom" and it only showed a "?" in red (meaning I couldn't modify in the project).

What the end result is that we would like to color our plans by # of Bedrooms in a Unit.

My brain is fried...hope i made some sense.
    The only problem you have in seeing the red "?" is that if you created the parameter in the tag item (you didn't have to, you could have created it directly in the area...in the schedule) is that you need to load the parameter into your project.

You need to go to the "shared parameter" under settings in your main project and add the parameter (hopefully you set it up as part of the shared parameter in the family) into your project...then the red "?" will become selectable and you will be able to fill that in....

But you could have done this from within your project, without having to modify a family...

I will have more time tomorrow to help....

Take care,

Login to Give a bone

Actually, what I meant about adding a scheme, is in the Edit Color Scheme dialog box, I can only choose between the four option of displaying the colors. Meaning, I can have a plan showing the Area color, then a plan showing the Area type color...so on and so on. But what I would like to attempt to do, is add a fifth option of displaying a plan for # of Bedrooms (for example). I have attached a jpeg to illustrate what I am talking about.

I don't know how to do that "quote:" thing in your reply. so to your second paragraph:
    okay, i think i understood that the legend display what is in the area, but is there a way to add more parameters to the area? i am thinking no because of it being a system family.

and on the third item...thanks, i have done it before, but forgot how.

thanks luigi, just to let you know, your mailbox on the forum is full.

I have also attached a pdf in what we would like the end result to be.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

To add more parameters to the "Areas" category (which is what shows up if you're trying to do a color fill Area Plan), go to Settings, Project Parameters, Add, and create the # of Bedrooms param. Make sure you check the "Areas" category. Now you'll be able to select this in your color fill.

Login to Give a bone

Hi, I think that after doing what David suggested it should work...I have had my own parameters for Area and used the fills before...If you still need help tomorrow I will help...with Revit opened...

I cleaned my inbox a bit...

Login to Give a bone

Thank you both dbaldacchino & luigi.