Thread: Looking for Rendering Techniques

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Looking for Rendering Techniques

Ive been using revit for about 9 months now and have been able to create some really interesting renderings, but they seem to lack the realistic look as some that i saw on rugi's old site in the gallery or the one that in the gallery on this site. im wondering what things i can change to increase the detail and quality. I set my dpi image size to 300, and i usually use better for the two rendering settings. so let me know some of your techniques in making your work look real. also where can i get some good background images to use in renderings?

thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Looking for Rendering Techniques

accustudio.com, get real world textures, create good materials(learn accurender's material editor). acme brick has a great downloadable brick pattern creator. Its all in the materials, stock accurender materials are almost never good enough. Go to accurender's website and sign up on the accurender newsgroup and you'll learn more in an hour reading the posts there then anywhere else.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Looking for Rendering Techniques

I would recommend getting a digital camera, I have trawled the web for background images, cars, people etc etc and it is much less painful to take some pics yourself with some fairly basic photo editing software, or if you can stretch to it photoshop - it is easy to create your own textures that are exactly the right colour etc.... my biggest tip would be photo editing software and a digital camera and/or scanner..

Apart from that, have a good play around with the sun settings - everything is very bright and harsh if you just hit the render button - which sometimes you want, but... Also switch on soft shadows, blurry reflections etc - Recently I have been using lights at the bases of walls etc to give the walls a less flat look, quite succesful. and start making up your own textures with what is there too, start to make your own library of materials.