Thread: Problem with Sloped Glazing Roof Panels

Login to Give a bone

Question Problem with Sloped Glazing Roof Panels

Dear All
    I am putting a skylight into my model using Sloped Glazing which is working fairly well. However I am having a problem with the location of the glass. I cannot seem to get it to be within the mullions. Instead it extends beyond the mullions. I have assumed that in the roof properties/edit/construction- curtain wall panel I would choose a type that would be appropriate. However I cannot seam to get them to work and often get a message that reads "Can't make type "Curtain wall panel 2". I have attached some views for your reference. If there is a Revit template file that you can recommend I start with or another way of fixing the problem that would be great.

Thanks
    Deanna VanBuren
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Problem with Sloped Glazing Roof Panels

I am sorry I didn't notice your question earlier and am sorry that nobody responded yet...it's your first post and you deserved a quick response....anyways...

It is difficult to figure out which aspect of the curtain system needs fixing, but my guess would be the panel...see both the mullion and the panel have an offset...and if both of them have 0, then they "should" be in the middle of each other, but it is definately an offset issue. Check to see what happens when both offsets are 0...then report...or play with it until it looks right. I am assuming you know how to select the panel (keep hitting tab until one of them is selected) and the same for the mulltion..

Let me know...

Take care,
    Quote Originally Posted by dvanburen
    Dear All
    I am putting a skylight into my model using Sloped Glazing which is working fairly well. However I am having a problem with the location of the glass. I cannot seem to get it to be within the mullions. Instead it extends beyond the mullions. I have assumed that in the roof properties/edit/construction- curtain wall panel I would choose a type that would be appropriate. However I cannot seam to get them to work and often get a message that reads "Can't make type "Curtain wall panel 2". I have attached some views for your reference. If there is a Revit template file that you can recommend I start with or another way of fixing the problem that would be great.

Thanks
    Deanna VanBuren