Thread: Edit Cut profile problems

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Edit Cut profile problems

Anyone noticing Edit Cut Profile problems since the 9.1 upgrade? The attached image shows our profiles that worked in 9.0, but now don't work. I am not absolutely sure the problem arose with the upgrade, but that seems the most likely. We tried creating the Cut Profiles again, and still no joy, they won't graphically tie in to the section properly.

Thanks,
    Gordon
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Edit Cut profile problems

Had a similar problem with some custom profiles for wall reveals, however, re-making them in 9.1 fixed it fine. I must say though, the title of the post was much nicer than the actual subject. Here I was thinking there was something I missed in my revit classes. Cute profiles...

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Calvn_Swing
    Had a similar problem with some custom profiles for wall reveals, however, re-making them in 9.1 fixed it fine. I must say though, the title of the post was much nicer than the actual subject. Here I was thinking there was something I missed in my revit classes. Cute profiles...
    Yeah, that's what I get for typing on the run. Cute Profiles! Sheesh! I will have the team try again on the rebuild. Perhaps with a close in between delete and remake.

(EDIT) Hey, it looks like some nice moderator fixed my blunder in naming. Thanks!

Thanks,
    Gordon
    Last edited by Gordon.Price; 2006-11-06 at 11:41 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Hi Gordon....whether it is an upgrade issue or not, what you could do is what I do, when for one reason or another the same things happens...
    I go into the edit profile, copy the lines to clipboard, then exit and delete the profile and create a new edit cut profile and then paste aligned to current and then exit...

I am though beginning to want to not use edit cut profiles...I have had too many problems in the past, and if you do it in a section, and for one reason or another you decide to move the section forward or backward, or flip it, then the profiles become useless and green....

Take care,

Quote Originally Posted by gordon.price
    Yeah, that's what I get for typing on the run. Cute Profiles! Sheesh! I will have the team try again on the rebuild. Perhaps with a close in between delete and remake.

(EDIT) Hey, it looks like some nice moderator fixed my blunder in naming. Thanks!

Thanks,
    Gordon