Thread: Tutorials

Login to Give a bone

Default Tutorials

Is there anyone that can tell me were i find tutorials about using complexed Derived Parts.

Thanks Guus

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Tutorials

Hello,

Have you tried
    www.sdotson.com/tutorials.asp

There are some tutorials there, Whether they are for what you need or not i don't know.

I do a lot of complex derived parts for tool & die design. I take a model of the finished part and use derived for transfering the contours, etc to the tooling components, such as the punches, die plates, etc.

What do you need to know? Maybe i could help if you cannot find what you need in tutorials.

Login to Give a bone

I do also in tools & die design but i can't find any tutorial to learn about derived part for the core & mold of the product part.
    (sorry for my bad english)
    Maybe you can help me explane the procedure how to derive a part from a moldplate , the product design is a Sat file.

Guus

Login to Give a bone

I'll try to help,

Just to be sure i know what your talking about,
    You have the mold plate already and it's SAT format. You want to "derive" the part the mold plate makes?

Assuming i'm on the same page, Some of this also depends on how complex the part is.
    The first thing I would do is convert the mold plate to IPT , or possibly re-create it in IPT.
    Open a new part. use the derived component command and set it to the mold plate ipt. (IPT is only format you can use for this).
    Set it as a work body.

Now, it may get tricky. create sketches and extrusions for the basic "rough" shape of the part. Then create more sketches & features to recreate the part. You may need to use some work axis's & planes to get the sketches where you need them.

When you are creating the sketch geometry use the project edge and/or project cut edge command to transfer the mold plate geometry to the part.

It may take some work but it is possible. If done correctly the part should be adaptive with the mold plate's cavity.

Anyhow, I hope this is any help for you.
    Rich

Login to Give a bone

In think i understand it, only the commands project edge & project cut edge i'm not femiliar with.

Guus

Login to Give a bone

I wish the IV had a simple command for add / subract body like Acad does.

If all else fails get the mold plate into acad.
    Make a solid body for the part (make it bigger than the part but smaller than the mold plate)

The subtract the mold plate from the part "rough" body, and that should make the part that the mold is like,
    Then bring that part into IV.

Unfortunately IV is not very good when working with mold's. At least thats my opinion.

Good luck,

Login to Give a bone

Here is a view of the prodcut i talk about.

Guus
    Attached Images Attached Images